Swimming pool changing rooms

RichGreen

Hi All,

I'm just about to enjoy my first ever cruise on the Aurora (Northern Lights cruise) as our honeymoon, and have a question that I simply can't find the answer to - does the Aurora have changing rooms for the swimming pools?

Or is it a case of taking a bathroom and making your way back to the cabin? It may seem like a bit of a silly question but I just want to figure out if we need to take our dressing gowns! :-)

Thanks.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, RichGreen said:

Hi All,

I'm just about to enjoy my first ever cruise on the Aurora (Northern Lights cruise) as our honeymoon, and have a question that I simply can't find the answer to - does the Aurora have changing rooms for the swimming pools?

Or is it a case of taking a bathroom and making your way back to the cabin? It may seem like a bit of a silly question but I just want to figure out if we need to take our dressing gowns! 🙂

Thanks.

Maybe the next question should be ‘will the outdoor pool be open?’ I wonder whether it will be so cold that the surrounding area of the pool will freeze and become dangerous. Somebody will know but I’m afraid I don’t.

I must admit that we are happier in the mid size/smaller ships but have had some enjoyable holidays on Azura. One of the drawbacks of the bigger ship is the lack of a changîng room. In warmer climes this is not so noticeable a problem but if it’s windy and you just clambered out of a pool you appreciate somewhere to change out of your wet shorts. You can waddle into the gym changing rooms but I don’t think a soggy pensioner should be wandering through the inside of a ship... just doesn’t go with the ambience. Perhaps I should start a FB legion page entitled Retro fit changing rooms on Azura. Of course there may be changing rooms there...I may have just overlooked them. 

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Maybe the next question should be ‘will the outdoor pool be open?’ I wonder whether it will be so cold that the surrounding area of the pool will freeze and become dangerous. Somebody will know but I’m afraid I don’t.

The pools are open and very hot! too hot in fact, but we did have to walk through the snow when we got out.