Anthem Lazy River Height Requirement?

Shimsdan

Hi all,

My family will be on Anthem of the Seas in April with two young girls and I was wondering if there is a height requirement for the lazy river?  I had heard that there was one but the person couldn't remember what it was, but said it was measured from the shoulder?  I thought someone here would know!

Thanks!

Laura

19 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

To call it a lazy river is a bit of a stretch. Yes there is a current, but river it's not. Just don't want you disappointed.

anthem.jpg

Thanks for pic. I was trying to figure out what the OP was talking about. I never knew that that pool was called a lazy river.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

To call it a lazy river is a bit of a stretch. Yes there is a current, but river it's not. Just don't want you disappointed.

anthem.jpg

This.  It's a far cry from a lazy river you'll find in a water park.

3 hours ago, 4everAfamily said:

The sign states 1.10m or 3ft.-6in. Current Pool Minimum Shoulder Height

We were on Anthem in May and it was much higher - around 52 inches. Basically they wanted the shoulder of the child to be at water level (which is around 36 inches).  Our 8 year old was able to go, our 5 year old (who was about 48 inches at the time) was not, even though I was joining them both in the pool and the little one was wearing a life jacket.  The height requirement was 36 inches on Oasis in October 2017.

3 hours ago, Shimsdan said:

Hi all,

My family will be on Anthem of the Seas in April with two young girls and I was wondering if there is a height requirement for the lazy river?  I had heard that there was one but the person couldn't remember what it was, but said it was measured from the shoulder?  I thought someone here would know!

Thanks!

Laura

They  measure to the shoulder. And they dont mess around.  No leeway whatsoever.

2 hours ago, MikeBTN said:

We were on Anthem in May and it was much higher - around 52 inches. Basically they wanted the shoulder of the child to be at water level (which is around 36 inches).  Our 8 year old was able to go, our 5 year old (who was about 48 inches at the time) was not, even though I was joining them both in the pool and the little one was wearing a life jacket.  The height requirement was 36 inches on Oasis in October 2017.

The sign states it's the minimum shoulder height, not the full height of the child.

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

anthem.jpg

Yes, it definitely is not a lazy river, but the children love it! My son spent hours in there. That lounge chair in the bottom left with the towel on it is the best spot to watch your children. You can see them in the current and wave pools. 

Since the current pool is in the kid's Splash Zone, I love it when the "mature" guests get in and complain that the children are splashing and being loud. I politely remind them that it's the kids' area and not theirs. 

3 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Thanks for pic. I was trying to figure out what the OP was talking about. I never knew that that pool was called a lazy river.

Have heard the term "donut pool".  Is Anthem's bigger than the Allure's?  Looks it from the picture but may just be the angle.

5 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

lol I read the topic and was thinking "where was the lazy river?".  I now realize I spent over an hour sitting near that thing and never realized what it was called!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hallux said:

lol I read the topic and was thinking "where was the lazy river?".  I now realize I spent over an hour sitting near that thing and never realized what it was called!

I'm sure you aren't the only one to have made that mistake. "River" is a bit misleading :)

I read the topic title and said, "There's no lazy river on the Anthem!!!"

I'm pretty sure that it's called the current pool.

Don't make my heart skip a beat like that!  I would love a lazy river to be the "next big thing" that RC puts on its ships.

You know, the REAL kind, with a swim up bar!  😄

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I read the topic title and said, "There's no lazy river on the Anthem!!!"

I'm pretty sure that it's called the current pool.

Don't make my heart skip a beat like that!  I would love a lazy river to be the "next big thing" that RC puts on its ships.

You know, the REAL kind, with a swim up bar!  😄

I, too, would love that. 

• Like 1