New, updated Info on day use Hotels w/ beaches in PV?

Hau Oli Tiki

I am trying to find updated info on Hotels that offer day use at their beaches in Puerto Vallarta .  I tried searching, but only found older info. I know things change a lot in Mexico, so...  Also, I haven't been in over 10 years and I do not know the names of any there, so clicking thru numerous named hotels only to find they are not in PV was getting tedious. 😉

We are trying to find a really nice place (hotel or other) that has a beach that will accommodate cruisers for the day. Clean, safe, etc. We don't mind a few vendors. We also don't mind spending for a great experience. We just want to loaf on a clean beach with cocktail & food service with restroom access. We have a large party ranging from kids to older peeps with mobility issues.

Cheers!🥂

Here is a thread from January.  We will try for the Hilton first week of March.  The thing  is we have yet to find one that will let you reserve in advance.  You need you call the day you arrive.  If resort occupancy is not full, (80 percent,)   they will sell you day passes.  

Maybe someone knows a place that will let you reserve.  

• Like 1

Indeed if hotels have a high cupancy they donot give out daypasses. You also might try Westin or Marriott in the Marina. I know they have a certain charge and a part of that is meal and drinks. But again, try to get in contact with them before going there.

23 hours ago, milolii said:

What is you best advice fir taxis to these resorts? Pay with Pesos?   We are looking at Secrets.  How long should we plan for the return in the afternoon?  

If you are referring to Secrets Vallarta Bay - Purto Vallarta . . . It is, at most, a 10-15 taxi ride from the resort to the Marine Terminal. Depending on the size of your party, it may take longer to get into and out of the taxi than the actual travel time. 

You can take a Federal taxi/van from the port (cost per person in US Dollars) or a city taxi located just outside the port property (cost per taxi ride, in pesos or USD's, with up to 4 passengers).  Know that your only choice coming back to the port is a city taxi.  The taxis located on the port property can only take passengers away from the port.

I don't know what the port taxis will charge per person to take you to the resort. A city taxi should be roughly 80 pesos. (We stay at the Sheraton and pay 80 pesos to get to the port. Secrets is roughly half way between the Sheraton & the port.)

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Snowesha said:

Does anyone know what resort is offered by Holland America? The excursion states that it is 25 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. Sounds like it is all inclusive. Thoughts?

That puts it in Nuervo Vallarta. Could be one of several there.

12 hours ago, Snowesha said:

Does anyone know what resort is offered by Holland America? The excursion states that it is 25 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. Sounds like it is all inclusive. Thoughts?

That might be Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. 

One of the local papers just released an update on daypasses in various hotels.

Be aware the hotel might refuse you if there is a high occupancy as of course hotelguests come first.

https://issuu.com/vallartatribune/docs/daypass_list_2018__1_/1?ff&e=8637784%2F63117433&fbclid=IwAR2lmTFx2FV53bsFBHXJj7t0CCQ_X1HHBwiylgwy9EGZbKdPOumS_9uqfpM

Edited by Ine
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 12:51 PM, milolii said:

Here is a thread from January.  We will try for the Hilton first week of March.  The thing  is we have yet to find one that will let you reserve in advance.  You need you call the day you arrive.  If resort occupancy is not full, (80 percent,)   they will sell you day passes.  

Maybe someone knows a place that will let you reserve.  

Hey Milolli,

Did you end up visiting the Hilton? How was it? Did you walk to it?

On 3/21/2019 at 8:43 AM, Ine said:

One of the local papers just released an update on daypasses in various hotels.

Be aware the hotel might refuse you if there is a high occupancy as of course hotelguests come first.

https://issuu.com/vallartatribune/docs/daypass_list_2018__1_/1?ff&e=8637784%2F63117433&fbclid=IwAR2lmTFx2FV53bsFBHXJj7t0CCQ_X1HHBwiylgwy9EGZbKdPOumS_9uqfpM

Hi Ine, this list is current for 2019?  WI called the Marriott, they are out of day passes for April.  What about Hilton, that property looks close.  My backup plan is to try a cooking class - any you would highly recommend?  

31 minutes ago, Seahawk Fan said:

Hi Ine, this list is current for 2019?  WI called the Marriott, they are out of day passes for April.  What about Hilton, that property looks close.  My backup plan is to try a cooking class - any you would highly recommend?  

Yes the list is still current. Indeed Hilton is closer to the cruise terminal, it is walking distance.

Also Krystal Hotel is next to the Hilton, but I am not sure if they still do daypasses. Hilton took over a part of their garden and hotel.

For the Marriott, The Melia as well as the Westin -all located in the Marina section -  and most others you need a cab.

I hope others can help you with cooking classes, I never did that.

13 hours ago, Seahawk Fan said:

PS In case you arrive the week before or the week after Easter be aware Hotel will be full for 100% due to the many mexicans coming to the beaches. In that time of year it will be very difficult to get a daypass in any hotel. Beaches will be packed!!!

We went to Secrets last week and it was excellent. The lunch was really good and the service was fantastic. Some of the drinks were just ok, I tipped every time a few bucks and then gave him a $20 and the drinks got much better.

• 2 weeks later...