Vista Havana Cabana 5201

jessjbogan

Hey Yall!

I am cruising on the Carnival Vista in April with 3 of my girlfriends for my 30th birthday! We are so excited! We have booked a Havana Cabana, which we are thrilled about (room 5201 to be exact - any feedback regarding that room is appreciated).

I have been researching ways to make use of the cabin/storage/closet space as efficient as possible. Obviously with 4 women, its going to get real cramped. We definitely plan on utilizing the gym/spa showers but Im wondering if there are any other tips that yall might have for us?

We will bring mesh hampers, shoe organizer and closet organizers to help maximize space. Has anyone tried adding hanging stoage on the walls with magnets? I was hoping to stick a couple of collapsible cubes up there for some added space but wasn't sure if it would be too heavy for the walls? Just trying to get creative as drawer and closet space will be at an all-time premium!

Any suggestions, insight, feedback about the Vista, the Havana Cabanas and storage would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - JB

Yes - that'd be awesome!! Im more concerned with being smart about the space than the noise, I know some cruisers are skeptical about the location. I actually like the location - very convenient!

Have so much fun, safe travels, and I look forward to hearing about your experience!!

1 hour ago, jessjbogan said:

Hey Yall!

I am cruising on the Carnival Vista in April with 3 of my girlfriends for my 30th birthday! We are so excited! We have booked a Havana Cabana, which we are thrilled about (room 5201 to be exact - any feedback regarding that room is appreciated).

I have been researching ways to make use of the cabin/storage/closet space as efficient as possible. Obviously with 4 women, its going to get real cramped. We definitely plan on utilizing the gym/spa showers but Im wondering if there are any other tips that yall might have for us?

We will bring mesh hampers, shoe organizer and closet organizers to help maximize space. Has anyone tried adding hanging stoage on the walls with magnets? I was hoping to stick a couple of collapsible cubes up there for some added space but wasn't sure if it would be too heavy for the walls? Just trying to get creative as drawer and closet space will be at an all-time premium!

Any suggestions, insight, feedback about the Vista, the Havana Cabanas and storage would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - JB

I am in that room for the April 21 sailing....We'll be four women.  Should be interesting...

Edited by LuckyStar

1 minute ago, LuckyStar said:

I am in that room for the April 21 sailing....We'll be four women.  Should be interesting...

Let me know how it goes!!! I am sure it will be fine, I am just trying to prepare ahead of time so I can bring anything onboard that I can.

Feel free to leave any leftover wine for us 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jessjbogan said:

Let me know how it goes!!! I am sure it will be fine, I am just trying to prepare ahead of time so I can bring anything onboard that I can.

Feel free to leave any leftover wine for us 😉

I will tell you having cruised with my sisters in the past that there is never enough room for all the cosmetics and etc., so I bring a hanging bag like this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8F1R44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  It keeps all my stuff together. 

Also, consider all the electronics to be charged.  Each one with a phone and maybe I-pads or similar.  Make sure it passes cruise ship criteria. I have this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZQ5VP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is helpful since there are not enough plugs.  

Just my two cents....

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:56 PM, LuckyStar said:

Also, consider all the electronics to be charged.  Each one with a phone and maybe I-pads or similar.  Make sure it passes cruise ship criteria. I have this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZQ5VP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is helpful since there are not enough plugs 

That is a surge protector and they are not allowed on the ship.