CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!!!! CRUISE BLOG - The EDGE February 24th!

chicagopaul

Thank you so much for your live blogging while on Edge.  I enjoy reading your blogs very much and I agree with most of what you said about Edge.  I do agree with you that it's the Celebrity staff and crew that makes us keep coming back and we ran into quite a few that we knew when we sailed in January.  Enjoy your next cruise.  I'll be looking forward to your blog. 

Paul, thanks for writing another of your invaluable & entertaining live reviews. Thanks also to you, and Dawn, for the S2 and S3 insights. We intend to dine in FIne Cut next month (not on the last night) so I’ll let you know how it was. I’ll write my review on or after that cruise, but I’m not sure it will be live. I don’t know how you manage to DO so much on a cruise, and still keep up with your blog! You’re amazing🙂

Cheers!

Michelle

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, chicagopaul said:

We started with the cheeses.

015f5b262cfb6f3dc71110836efec19e.jpg

Then everyone had the French onion soup except I had the Escargot which was heaven in a bowl. Phenomenal.

6d54ecc619be698c894b064192852f95.jpg

Then I had the lobster bisque which had a puff pastry top. Very good, though very hot!

0a4368f84671cf0f11168f906ff8e9ef.jpg

Then I had the ham and cheese on croissant which had a wonderful sauce. I was fully but I ended up eating it all.

b8fe5d15ff52e8e302df5f38f377b59a.jpg

Then we were all full but we still got dessert. Because well, when in Rome...or France

84f292cfa78fccbd45f16c48502526ca.jpg

a5968d21b9019a4c96b3c3c18373658a.jpg

It was all very very very tasty. Can not recommend it enough for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would not of thought I needed to try this place for lunch but your photos sold it. Sea day treat perhaps! 

1 hour ago, LSKC said:

Would not of thought I needed to try this place for lunch but your photos sold it. Sea day treat perhaps! 

One of my favorite places to eat on the ship. We had the daily specials twice - the rack of lamb one day (Tues) and the coq au vin (Sat) another. The croissants are the best on the ship - flaky on the outside and soft on the inside.  If you get there early, you can get a nice window table. Go hungry and don't have plans for a big dinner. 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, chicagopaul said:

So for those of you who have read my blogs before you know that I have the occasional mushy or “ah ha” moment. While I sit around, whether it be at a bar, grabbing coffee, or at a show I love nothing more than observing people and the environment around me.

So here is my little moment from last night.

Edward and I were seated at the martini bar, at the head of the bar overlooking the lights and glass sculpture behind the bar. We had just ordered our second drink, the flair bartenders had just put on a show, and we were listening the group Reckless Charms play a unique version of one of John Mayer’s hits. I took a sip of my drink and just casually scanned the decks above. I saw a couple, likely in their mid 60s, holding hands and swinging their grasped palms back and forth. The husband was teasing her, pulling her in as if to kiss her and then gently push her away. They looked like school kids at a dance. They had smiles that made them look as if it was a first date but I’m sure they were together for decades.

I looked down to the dance floor and I saw a woman on her iPhone using FaceTime and I could see two young kids on the screen. She was clearly showing her grandchildren her cruise and she was pointing out the band and the piano. I’m sure she wishes thy were there at that moment. I then scan to the bartenders. I see Igor flipping a couple bottles practicing his juggling, I Made and Peter are shaking cocktails and joking with guests. Everyone has a big smile, at this point no one has a care in the world.

While everything I mentioned above I’m sure happens everyday not just on a cruise but anywhere, there was something so peaceful and magical about that moment. It’s moments like this that I remember from a cruise. It’s moments like this that I have a difficult time putting into words. But most importantly it’s moments like this that make you fall in love with travel and people all over again. It’s moments like this that make you fall in love with life.

So as I sit here back in my cabin, taking a little break out from the pool area, I thought I’d share this with you. Hopefully it helps brighten your day even as simple as the story may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very late to the party here, but this kinda made we well up given all we’ve been through in the last year and a half.  Hope you all are doing well and will get back on a cruise soon! 

5 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

Very late to the party here, but this kinda made we well up given all we’ve been through in the last year and a half.  Hope you all are doing well and will get back on a cruise soon! 

Thanks for digging this up. I just finished following along. What a wonderful written review. Also thanks to Chicagopaul for making the effort to write and post. I helped me a lot. We all have troubled time behind us and are still not done with it.

At least by now one can plan a little - which helps a lot. The new Apex- out for about a year with not a single passenger sailing on her making her debut in June. So I am planing to board and all your comments and your pictures helped a lot.

• Like 1

This is just what everyone needs a awesome review by ChicagoPaul. He is an incredible writer. Yes this is a review from 2019 but sure makes you feel you are cruising with ChicagoPaul and his partner.

I have not seen their posts on any sites lately. I hope they continue to post reviews here once we are all sailing again.

• Like 2

OH yes, I sure will write a review, still not clear if I take the Maiden Voyage on Apex oder the first Isreal cruise at the end of July. I did a " live from" when I was on board Mein Schiff 1 and 2 during my blue voyages with TUI cruises- then the very first ships to sail after cruising stopped.

A totaly new experience - but relaxing and enjoyable nevertheless.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:21 AM, Germancruiser said:

Thanks for digging this up. I just finished following along. What a wonderful written review. Also thanks to Chicagopaul for making the effort to write and post. I helped me a lot. We all have troubled time behind us and are still not done with it.

At least by now one can plan a little - which helps a lot. The new Apex- out for about a year with not a single passenger sailing on her making her debut in June. So I am planing to board and all your comments and your pictures helped a lot.

I’m planning an Anniversary cruise for April 22 and am digging up old reviews!   Love PAUL’s reviews!!!