Fort Lauderdale Hotels

ShonaTay56

48 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

we stayed at the Hyatt palace last year next to the hilton garden.  We walked around the Hilton garden but I recall smoking was allowed at the hotel lobby was full of smelly smoke.  Perhaps no longer

No smoking this time.I believe it is a .non smoking property.. ???

We saw the Hyatt as well.. The Dania location was not our first choice but Jan bookings this year were tight..not sure why..

We try to stick with Hilton brands for  the points and the  free honors Wi Fi  Some of the properties  are  dated but it works okay  .

If we do 2 nights pre cruise 17th St area is best for dining, shopping and activities.

Embassy Suites  is very dated.  Just be prepared if you stay here.   Bed linens were torn and the beds were very worn.  We stayed for 2 nights with free points but no way would I pay to stay.  The cocktail hour was empty by the time we arrived at  8pm (food not restocked) and the options were house draft beer and house wine.  The free breakfast in the morning we opted to skip, lines long and food scattered all over tables and floor.  Staff were not able to keep up with the demand.  Also,  we had a horrible sewer stench form the master shower on top floor.  I don't know if this is normal or not.  I see others have had different experiences but I would not stay here again , even if it were free.  I concur the location is great.  Total wine and Publix literally across the street .

Edited by whatyouknowsays
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stayed one night precruise at the Hotel Morrison

Its fine except for:

They adhere to check in at 3:00, but

We arrived at 1:30 and because of the back up of guests registering in,

we didn’t get a room until 4:30.

Dont want to do this again

Any hotels let you check in before 3?

On 2/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, vtcruising said:

Good to hear! We are staying there in a few weeks prior to our Flower Power Cruise. We have never stayed there, but there were rooms at a discount for the Flower Power Cruise. I ended up upgrading to a Executive Tower King w/balcony. Hopefully, it will have a decent view.

When we took the Carrie B excursion in November (boat tour of waterways), we saw the Riverside across the road from the starting point of the tour. It looked pretty nice.  I'm not sure if something is going on in FLL that weekend, but all our usual places were either booked or high-priced. It will be fun to stay with others going on the cruise - lots of tie dye, peace and love. 🙂

It looks like it has some good restaurants and bars in the hotel and nearby. I booked the Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille at 6 PM on the terrace for the day we arrive. They have happy hour from 5-7, including half off drinks and chef's choice oysters so should be a good way to start our vacation. We will probably take the water taxi around one of the days, if the weather is nice. If anyone has any restaurant recommendations or things to see/do, I would love to hear about them.🙂

I live in Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately you do not say which "weekend" you are talking about, date -wise.

On 2/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, ShonaTay56 said:

Hi folks I am looking for some advice on transfers from Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale and also hotels in Fort lauderdale. We are booked on the 13th September Equinox ABC cruise and got a very good deal on the flights. I have been looking at hotel Pier 66 but there does not appear to be any restaurants roundabout for breakfast and so on.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Taylor

We are also on sept 13 abc - booked as package so we are staying 2 nights at pier 66. We fly into MIA and will book limo for transfer. Agreed restaurants seem a bit distanced - Hey ho it will be an amazing holiday

sue 

34 minutes ago, nasus2 said:

We are also on sept 13 abc - booked as package so we are staying 2 nights at pier 66. We fly into MIA and will book limo for transfer. Agreed restaurants seem a bit distanced - Hey ho it will be an amazing holiday

sue 

Two Resaurants are in walking distance, Grille 66 and Pelican Landing. Great bar pier 66 and conveniently close to the terminal. In November last year we made it from Hotel to on board in less than and hour despite a traffic hold up within the port.

We recently stayed at the "B" Ocean for 4 nites before our cruise. After reading some of the reviews we were pleasantly surprised. The complex is spread out but we were lucky to get a room by the pool. Room was clean, the help was very pleasant, and was right on the beach. Walked to some rest. and Ubered to some. 15 minute Uber to port($7). Would stay there again.

19 hours ago, nasus2 said:

sue 

Hi Nasus 2,

Have you booked your flights yet? We have booked the BA flight from Heathrow at 13.55 (BA209) and get in to Miami at 18.15 local time. We got a great deal on the flights and managed to get 2 Business class seats for the price of one. So we should get there pretty refreshed or pretty merry on the free drink🥂:classic_tongue: Have you registered for the meet and mingle on the Equinox forum for this cruise?

Alan

We have stayed in three of the 17th Street hotels -- Hyatt, Extended Stay America, and Holiday Inn Express.  All have been quite satisfactory.  We love the area for its walking access to the drawbridge, to see the ships in port, and to all the shops and eateries.  We just got an excellent rate at HIE for September 12.

"Anybody experience with Rodeway Inn & Suites ?  Seems like it was renovated recently"

Take a look at Tripadvisor and see how the manager reacts to "less than positive" reviews(of which there are many). Not on your life. I do admit, he is entertaining. But I would chose someplace else.....ANYPLACE else.

Edited by DCT61

Hi ,have stayed here pre renovation,crazy busy place. Rates are reasonable and there is a pretty good sports bar attached. They get you to the port when they say they will. Breakfast in the am and the shuttle is free. I am booked in there pre our cruise in December. Book through Choice hotels found rate was cheaper than hotel. Yes,manager is quite outspoken people either love him or hate him.

Edited by travelpig
Wrong hotel chain given

Rodeway Inn? No way.  There are a ton of chain hotels in the area that you know what you are going to get.

Rodeway Inns (along with best westerns) are very dependent on the local owner's ability to run a proper hotel.  Quality can be all over the place.  They are cheap for a reason

There are some quality independent hotels in FLL area that are better choices

On 2/24/2019 at 7:49 AM, Pier290 said:

We are also on this cruise in September....we are staying at Lago Mar and have done so several times 😎

We're big fans of Lago Mar too. While it's pretty secluded compared to the 17th Street area, we have no problem getting around with Uber. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 8:21 AM, DCT61 said:

"Anybody experience with Rodeway Inn & Suites ?  Seems like it was renovated recently"

Take a look at Tripadvisor and see how the manager reacts to "less than positive" reviews(of which there are many). Not on your life. I do admit, he is entertaining. But I would chose someplace else.....ANYPLACE else.

Oh my goodness, I read the reviews and the manager's response are terrible (it did give me a chuckle or two though). The gall of a manager to respond the way this person has.  He even breaks out into song to one persons bad review. Noted.  This was one hotel on my list and now it has been removed.

Embassy Suites is very overrated to me.  We’ve been to Fort Lauderdale probably 8 times and would not ever book that hotel again and I’m gold with Hilton.  Our favorites are Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and Lago Mar.  Whereever you stay, please do your homework on the hotel.  Happy travels...

• Like 2

We stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas for a few nights a couple weeks back and the location was amazing! Some areas a little dated but overall very nice.  Pool area was nice as well.  Shops and restaurants everywhere in the area.  Great little bakery across the street too.  Everywhere we ate around there was very good.  Easy (and cheap) to get the shuttle down to the beach as well.  We took it one way and walked back.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, trophy_23 said:

We stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas for a few nights a couple weeks back and the location was amazing! Some areas a little dated but overall very nice.  Pool area was nice as well.  Shops and restaurants everywhere in the area.  Great little bakery across the street too.  Everywhere we ate around there was very good.  Easy (and cheap) to get the shuttle down to the beach as well.  We took it one way and walked back.  

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll check it out. We were considering that area so the suggestion is doubly appreciated.