Upgrade bid successful

Sharon1927

8 minutes ago, Sharon1927 said:

Just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation on a upgrade bid for May 2019 sailings.

It is very unlikely your bid will be accepted until 48 hours before departure.

Occasionally bids are accepted much earlier but generally they are very high bids, ones NCL can't say no to and don't want to get away.

25 minutes ago, erdoran said:

I'm April 28 sailing and no one on roll call has even been offered an upgrade, in spite of availability in most categories.

I have a cruise booked for May, and didn't receive any "upgrade e-mail". But when it was 80 days left until sailing date, the invitation was found when logged on to MyNCL - both on the front page of my cruise summary and as one of the "messages" for that cruise. 

Just now, TrumpyNor said:

I have a cruise booked for May, and didn't receive any "upgrade e-mail". But when it was 80 days left until sailing date, the invitation was found when logged on to MyNCL - both on the front page of my cruise summary and as one of the "messages" for that cruise. 

I've been checking both places, as well as my regular email and spam daily, no luck.  I even scroll thru all the banners with ads after I've logged into My NCL and selected my cruise.

9 hours ago, Sharon1927 said:

Good to know.  I've read a few forms that say people found out 60+ days in advance.  Guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

This is pretty rare and probably due to either people bidding extremely high or NCL needing their type of room. Most are done the week prior to sailing, and that’s the expectation I would set if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, erdoran said:

I'm April 28 sailing and no one on roll call has even been offered an upgrade, in spite of availability in most categories.

I’m on this sailing with you. Have you received an offer yet? I have not.

I am sailing out of Tokyo (Yokohama ) at the end of April and recieved an upgrade offer on the Jewel about 1 week ago!   I was shocked, that I recieved this so early!  I booked an inside (guarantee) and bid on a balcony ($100 per person, so $200 total) and I recieved the upgrade!.  Perhaps because I am GOLD status?   I am surprised and also thrilled, that my bid was accepted so early!

1 hour ago, Animalgirl27 said:

I am thinking about booking the NCL Sun that departs on April 15th. When do the upgrade offers typically go out? I'm afraid if I book something too late, I won't receive a potential upgrade offer. 

I’m booked on April 7. I only booked about a week ago (if that), started getting upgrade emails DAILY ever since. The whole process seems kind of goofy to me, because the minimum bids are so high I wouldn’t be saving much. (And even then, the minimum bids are rated as poor odds of approval. To get out of the red, I would have to bid so high I might as well just call and make the upgrade official.)

On 2/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, erdoran said:

If it is the Pearl, we are on that sailing and I have gotten an upgrade offer.  Not interested at the prices that are likely to get accepted.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:26 AM, ziggyuk said:

Occasionally bids are accepted much earlier but generally they are very high bids, ones NCL can't say no to and don't want to get away.

Not to sure about this. I saw bids accepted just after final payment on our last cruise. However most of them were within the last two weeks, some were the last two days

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Not to sure about this. I saw bids accepted just after final payment on our last cruise. However most of them were within the last two weeks, some were the last two days

Agreed but that is why I said unlikely, the vast majority of people get acceptance emails 48hrs out, this is shown in the vast upgrade threads.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:13 AM, Sharon1927 said:

Just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation on a upgrade bid for May 2019 sailings.

The general rule is that bids begin being accepted about 2 weeks prior to sailing, and the final ones are about 48 hours prior to sailings. You might occasionally get one earlier than 2 weeks, but it is not advantageous for NCL to accept them too soon since their goal is to get them as high as possible.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:26 AM, ziggyuk said:

On our March 24th Escape roll call, one of the folks received their upgrade last week.

22 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I’m booked on April 7. I only booked about a week ago (if that), started getting upgrade emails DAILY ever since. The whole process seems kind of goofy to me, because the minimum bids are so high I wouldn’t be saving much. (And even then, the minimum bids are rated as poor odds of approval. To get out of the red, I would have to bid so high I might as well just call and make the upgrade official.)

The scale is nothing more than a mind game to get you to bid more than you otherwise would.  They aren't any indication of how other people are bidding or how good your actual chances of winning are.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

I have a question if your bid is accepted lets say 48 hours prior to the cruise --Do you have to reprint  your E docs?

I would think it would not be necessary since is already in the system, however i would print it for my own peace of mind.

We were just notified that our bid was accepted....moved from a balcony on deck 8 to a mini suite on deck 11. I thought it would take longer to find out if it was accepted.  We are leaving on April 18th out of New York, so about 36 days.

We haven't received an email that our bid was accepted....just a notice that new cruise documents were ready and when I checked them, I noticed the new cabin number.

Edited by Elly67
added information