2019 Changes to Drink Packages?

813Diver

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I tried searching and couldn't find any topics about it.

According to the updated 2019 drink package pdf from RCI's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/beverage-packages/deluxe-beverage-packages-cruises.pdf

Milkshakes from Johnny Rocket's have been removed, and the "up to" dollar amount has been changed from $13 to $12.  In the past, Oasis and Quantum class ships had a $13 limit.  I sent RCI a facebook message and they advised that the milkshakes are only included when dining at Johnny Rockets, and that the $12 limit is now fleet-wide.  Anyone been on a cruise since January 1st who can confirm this?  Unfortunate if it's true, IMO.

If 12 is the max a drink can retail for within the drink package.  Will that get you a dirty martini with a vodka that don't come in a plastic bottle?  And Starbucks coffee is not included, yet specialty coffee is?  

5 hours ago, TORQ said:

If 12 is the max a drink can retail for within the drink package.  Will that get you a dirty martini with a vodka that don't come in a plastic bottle?  And Starbucks coffee is not included, yet specialty coffee is?  

Yes, you will be able to get a basic dirty martini with any of the vodkas listed in the document i linked in the first post. 

Drinks at Starbucks are not included, but specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade are included. 

9 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Glad DH got a chance for a free JR milkshake this last time we cruised.  He’ll be bummed that it is no longer included 😞

Hmmm...no idea the milkshake at JR's was ever included:classic_unsure:

12 hours ago, 813Diver said:

Yes, you will be able to get a basic dirty martini with any of the vodkas listed in the document i linked in the first post. 

Drinks at Starbucks are not included, but specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade are included. 

Thanks for the info. And based on what ive read, you can get a milk shack at Johney rockets IF, your eating there. 

Curious, for those who have had to pay the difference for cocktails not covered on the package. Do they charge you for the price of the cocktail + 18% gratuity ($16.52 for a $14 drink) and then subtract $13? That one dollar differential thus would become $3.52. That could really add up over the course of a cruise if you liked a certain drink. 

15 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

So gratuity only on the difference, that's good. I hope I haven't suggested a new revenue stream to RC lol. They do like the creative math.

On Freedom Sauvignon Blanc and Sparkling wine per glass were over the $13 limit for the DP.

Only Pinot Grigio per glass was under the $13 limit.

Are there any sparkling wines (Ccampange, Prosecco) that are covered with the beverage package? Also are most cocktails covered (margaritas or rum punch type drinks)? I'm going on navigator this summer and trying to figure out if we should bring bubbly on with us.

5 minutes ago, sdonlon13 said:

Are there any sparkling wines (Ccampange, Prosecco) that are covered with the beverage package? Also are most cocktails covered (margaritas or rum punch type drinks)? I'm going on navigator this summer and trying to figure out if we should bring bubbly on with us.

Prosecco was $12 a glass.

Pinot Grigio $14 a glass

Sauvignon Blanc $15 a glass 

We had to pay the difference plus gratuity over the $13 per drink on Freedom.

Bottles of wine had 30-40% discount with the DP.

3 minutes ago, sdonlon13 said:

Most all cocktails are included.  The only ones that might exceed the drink package cost limit are those with upper shelf spirits.

Sparkling wines are also included, though you might find some that exceed the $12 or $13 drink package limit.

23 hours ago, sdonlon13 said:

Google says maybe, depending on where you look.

drink-meni-9.jpg?itok=Jmi2TCYl

DSC01113-Copy.jpg

DSC01876-Copy.jpg

DSC00700-Copy.jpg

On 2/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, JFamCruisers430 said:

I was on Mariner in early Feb and it was $13.  Drank Grey Goose dirty martinis the whole time...  🙂

Hmmm that’s interesting! I’m on the Navigator in April- I wonder if the $13 limit will apply