What determines a Singles cruise?

dlkl

I was reading a review of a Celebrity Edge singles cruise on cruise critic.  I'm not clear how it got designated 'single'.  Does the cruise line have singles cruises (I haven't seen that) or should I assume it was part of a hosted cruise.  There was no way to comment on the review and ask. I guess I would prefer to book my own cruise through the line and have the line assign me to a singles table for meals, but I'm totally open. I apologize if I'm posting this on the wrong board.

`

• 3 months later...

I think people on this forum are using the words "singles' cruise" incorrectly. To me a singles cruise means it's a chartered ship with a singles group, or an organizer planned there to be an arranged singles trip. I've gone on 1 trip solo that was designated as a singles cruise. I also later went on 1 cruise where there was a special rate from an organizer in my town of singles under 40. Ironically, I met someone on the non singles cruise, but met no one on the singles cruise. 

Most of the people on this forum are simply going solo. 

• 10 months later...

I have gone on several 'singles' cruises.  They are groups on the cruise ships and are organized by travel agents.  There are a couple of travel agents who specialize in singles groups; but I can't mention their names on this site.  We have our own private parties on the ship in one of the lounges.  We eat dinner (and possibly breakfast and lunch) together.  There are private activities on sea days.

They are lots of fun.  I have been on 9 so far (two have been cancelled due to COVID-19).  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For clarification, it helps to differentiate "Singles Cruises" and "Solo Cruise". Solo is when you go on your own. Singles Cruise is a group travel thing where everyone in the group is single.

So I'm not sure if I agree with the statement "Most people on this forum are simply going solo"

On 7/2/2020 at 3:55 PM, Lugger11 said:

For clarification, it helps to differentiate "Singles Cruises" and "Solo Cruise". Solo is when you go on your own. Singles Cruise is a group travel thing where everyone in the group is single.

So I'm not sure if I agree with the statement "Most people on this forum are simply going solo"

I have done both - traveled "Solo" (by myself without a roommate) and as part of  "Singles Group" where we had a host, ate together, had private activities planned by our hosts.  Some of the groups were as few as 50-60 people and some were much larger (300 or more).  The largest group I was with was 300 for Halloween (the most popular with the singles group I travel with).  I have heard that there were some Halloween Singles groups that were over 500.  Too many for me.  The 300 was also too many.