Symphony vs Allure

We loved both!  Very similar, but we love some of the changes, like Playmakers.  The shows on Symphony are great.  The only thing we like better on Allure is the car- I hate the smashed up vw big on Symphony.  Also, we love to do Wonderland once, on the ships that have it.  It is so fun! 

1 hour ago, newfielover said:

Hi, I have sailed on the Allure 4 times and love her and I am going in two weeks and I can't wait! I am looking into cruising March 2020.  How does the Symphony compare to the Allure?

Thanks for any insights!

Symphony is a beautiful ship, but so is Allure. The biggest difference will be one has slides and the other doesn't. Symphony will have the newer restaurants making the diamond lounge in a new location. Solarium will be a bit different and there won't be a Champagne Bar on Symphony. With that said, Harmony and Symphony are two of my favorite ships.  Here and there there are a few other differences, but overall going on any of these class ships is like going home if you've been on them often and know them well. I've just got off Symphony a week ago, but will be boarding Allure in 69 days. Am looking forward to getting back on Allure again. Below is my recent trip report on Symphony.

One thing that was better on Symphony than Allure and Harmony- the free Central Park tour.  The tour has always been good, but the symphony one was amazing!  Ours ran almost an hour longer than it was supposed to, and I didn’t get bored (and I tend to get bored easily :).  Also, this was our first time with the Canadian captain, and his captains Q&A was so interesting!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sdpete said:

Mamma Mia on Allure is our choice over Hairspray on Symphony. 

We saw Hairspray on the Oasis a few years ago and thought it was just o.k. We've seen Mamma Mia, on the Allure, at least six times and enjoyed it every time.

On 2/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

One thing that was better on Symphony than Allure and Harmony- the free Central Park tour.  The tour has always been good, but the symphony one was amazing!  Ours ran almost an hour longer than it was supposed to, and I didn’t get bored (and I tend to get bored easily :).  Also, this was our first time with the Canadian captain, and his captains Q&A was so interesting!

Ok....wait. What is a Central Park tour? Ive sailed this class 4 times with 2 upcoming and U have no idea what you're talking about. When is it? and what do they talk about for an hour?

3 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Ok....wait. What is a Central Park tour? Ive sailed this class 4 times with 2 upcoming and U have no idea what you're talking about. When is it? and what do they talk about for an hour?

It is a free tour by the “plant guy” (botanist? Is that the word? :)).  It is in the daily planner on 1 or 2 sea days, and you just show up (no reservations needed).  They talk about the various types of plants selected & why, how they built the giant plant walls, and various difficulties they encountered.  It was very interesting each time, but I loved the Symphony one best.  I think our tour was something like 9:30am on the 2nd sea day.  🙂

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

It is a free tour by the “plant guy” (botanist? Is that the word? :)).  It is in the daily planner on 1 or 2 sea days, and you just show up (no reservations needed).  They talk about the various types of plants selected & why, how they built the giant plant walls, and various difficulties they encountered.  It was very interesting each time, but I loved the Symphony one best.  I think our tour was something like 9:30am on the 2nd sea day.  🙂

We did the tour on the Oasis.  The horticulturist  giving the tour was actually the head guy and he was the head guy when Oasis launched.  He explained how the on-shore people did a design speficing plants and their location.  Come to find out after the ship launched he discovered that there micro-climates in Central Park.  Through trial and error he figured out which plants were best for each part of Central Park.

It was very interesting and would highly recommend it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Does the Solarium Bistro on Allure turn  still turn into a Brazilian steakhouse in the evening?

Is she the only Oasis-class ship to have this feature?

Yes, the Solarium Cafe on Allure turns into Samba Grill in the evening.  I believe Radiance still has this venue also.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, the Solarium Cafe on Allure turns into Samba Grill in the evening.  I believe Radiance still has this venue also.

Thanks.  I rarely see Samba Grill mentioned in threads comparing the Oasis class ship.  

Glad to know Radiance has it.  Wish more ships did.  I love meat on a stick.  

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 1