Upgrade offer - still pretty much 80 days out?

erdoran

My cruise is about 64 days out and as far as I know, no one on the roll call has gotten an upgrade offer.  There is availability in every category except suite; haven only has GV left.   Some only have GTY left; some have specific cabins.  

Is the norm still the 80-day point?  I had asked something similar earlier and someone said they got their offers 3 days out! but most said 80 days.  Has this changed?  Are people getting offers regularly at less than 80 days or are we just an anomoly?

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

My cruise is about 64 days out and as far as I know, no one on the roll call has gotten an upgrade offer.  There is availability in every category except suite; haven only has GV left.   Some only have GTY left; some have specific cabins.  

Is the norm still the 80-day point?  I had asked something similar earlier and someone said they got their offers 3 days out! but most said 80 days.  Has this changed?  Are people getting offers regularly at less than 80 days or are we just an anomoly?

It is ALWAYS 80 days. The exception seems to be the Joy. I haven’t seen an explaination as to why.

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

Did you try signing into your NCL account and see if the offer is in a massage there? I'm on a 5/12 cruise and never received an email about the upgrade offer but it was in my NCL messages. 

This is the Jade, 4/28/19 sailing

YES YES I have signed into my NCL account daily, checked messages and checked the rotating banner.  "Let's get you upgraded" should come either before or after the dolphin one.  NO NOTIFICATION for me or for anyone on my roll call either AFAIK.

Not a matter of missing the notification.  There IS NO notification.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:40 PM, erdoran said:

When we hit 60 days out if no lets get you upgraded banner or email doesn't happen, I'm going to give them a call to ask if they plan on doing it

2 hours ago, bjtravelnews said:

Question for those of you who have been offered upgrades -

Is this offered to everyone, or only those who book directly with NCL?  I ask because we booked through a travel agent.

Thanks!

I booked with a travel agent and got one.  3 days before my cruise (as did several people in my group).   Roll call were a week to 3 days ... 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, NOLALADY said:

I booked with a travel agent and got one.  3 days before my cruise (as did several people in my group).   Roll call were a week to 3 days ... 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, NOLALADY said:

Your invitation to bid or that your bid was accepted

On 2/28/2019 at 6:42 AM, bjtravelnews said:

Question for those of you who have been offered upgrades -

Is this offered to everyone, or only those who book directly with NCL?  I ask because we booked through a travel agent.

Thanks!

Travel agencies need to opt in to the program (and I do not understand why they would NOT, but some do not).  As your TA if they participate in the Upgrade Advantage program.  If they do NOT, then you would not get a bid offer.

For our May 12th cruise the upgrade "offer" came up in MyNCL exactly 80 days before sailing date, did however never receive any e-mail notification like I have received for previous cruises. One strange thing though, was that the offer came up under "messages" on February 21st (I know it wasn't there before, because like OP I was checking it daily), but the message was dated January 22nd 2018 (!!!), which is actually the date I booked that particular cruise...

Edit: Forgot to mention that I got the impression from a large group of my fellow cruisers that they all received the upgrade-notification on MyNCL - and not all of them booked directly with NCL allthough I did so myself.

Edited by TrumpyNor

On 2/24/2019 at 3:40 PM, erdoran said:

I’m at 78 days today, and got the email 2 days ago. So yes, 80 days.