Is there still a Midnight Buffet?

Qmadam

On 2/24/2019 at 9:48 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

After they eliminated the midnight buffet they tried a lavish brunch in the MDR that lasted a few years. Also had some late night dessert offerings for a while. Not anymore.

This is what they had after lunch on one of the days on the Reflection in the MDR in April 2013:

CD08EE25-4806-41F2-ABBD-BE09AF8DA619.jpeg

5BA464DA-CC9D-4E87-8B16-FD15958BE84C.jpeg

66F43759-C8C9-43B0-8E1E-4B4BB59D9C27.jpeg

0F41E170-76A9-4B0B-BBE9-CD6434EB636D.jpeg

E4C5B5EC-B0F7-4482-B7AA-5916651D10A8.jpeg

5FE898AB-08F5-4C58-BE7C-4AC4C9AFE93E.jpeg

Edited by ChuckL

3 hours ago, Qmadam said:

Thanks to you all for the great responses.  I'm so looking forward to being back on the sea!  My first cruise was back in 1996 on the Horizon and it was awesome.  So many changes since then, some good, some not so much; but cruising is still my favorite vacation.  I am looking forward to those croissants (and I will try the almond LOL).  

My first few cruises we had a buffet every night (yes at midnight LOL).  Then they went to once a cruise, then to gourmet bites, and then to the Brunch.  I also remember an elegant tea in the main dining room open to everyone.  I am glad I got to experience all of these things.  Time have changed and it's all good.  I'm really excited to be taking my grandson along and introduce him to the cruising life.

Best croissants are at lunch in the Buffet. They are big and flaky. They make great sandwiches. Breakfast croissants are small. 

The 'once per cruise' brunch always seemed a better idea (and less wasteful) than the MB. Shame they did away with that. X has pared it back to an 'extravaganza' lunch in Oceanview. I recall its on the second last day (if they're still doing it of course).... cutbacks as usual

The reported rationale at the time they went away was that there was a health regulation being enforced that prevented them from serving a buffet on a carpeted area.  That would explain why they don't have them in the MDR anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Ms. Qmadam,

So glad you enjoyed your cruise! What fun to introduce the next generation to the cruise life! I am sincerely sorry that your husband was not able to go. But how wonderful that YOU are able to go...enjoy...and share NEW memories with you child/grandchild. God Bless!!