On Equinox now and motion sick..what to do

horatio123

For the future.. at BASS PRO SHOPS  or online...

Quease Ease™ Sea Sickness Remedy is a safe, all-natural remedy for motion sickness. In a study conducted aboard boats in Maui, Hawaii, 72.2% users found Quease Ease to be immediately effective at reducing or eliminating sea sickness. Over 80% of the users felt it helped and all found it easy to use with no negative side effects. Formulated to relieve the queasiness associated with motion sickness as well as post-operative recovery, chemotherapy and morning sickness, Quease Ease works by simply breathing in the aroma of essential oils, including spearmint, peppermint, ginger and lavender. Safe and effective for all ages, Quease Ease won't cause drowsiness or pose any risk while operating machinery. It's non-allergenic and doesn't react with alcohol or medications. Use at the first sign of nausea—a few deep breaths of this aromatic blend is generally all that's required for instant relief. Use as often as needed. 100% pure and natural essential oilsRelief is just a breath away™Drug-freeUse at the first sign of queasiness Note: Quease Ease has an indefinite shelf life when the safety seal is unbroken and will last up to 6 months after the container has been opened and the cap replaced after use.

For now..maybe sniff  peppermint or ginger or other oils if you can get some..try the spa..they sell oils or could put some on a  small pad for you.. try a massage or relexology!

Edited by hcat

On 2/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, CruisinCrow said:

All I know is that the couple of times I've used Dramamine, it has knocked me out for hours so I won't take it again unless I'm desperate.  Maybe it wasn't the non-drowsy kind though.  Sounds like the OP is having more problems at night, so maybe getting knocked out isn't a bad thing.

I'm the same with Dramamine.   The original formula is similar to Benadryl, which is used in almost all over the counter sleeping aids.  

I use to take it the night before the cruise and would give me a good nights sleep and provide enough protection the next day to settle my inner ear for the remainder of the cruise.

My wife had to visit the Dr. last week when we were on Silhouette and I noticed that in the reception area they have a container full of packages of motion sickness medicine available for the taking alone with instructions on their use.

I don't have major issues but I always take some ginger gum (amazon) and quickly chew a couple if I think I need to.  It does seem to work very quickly.  My two friends are more sensitive and swear by the bands.