Coach transfer from Glasgow

cjthedjeu

Hi, it leaves from Buchanan Street Bus Station, the far side, at North Hanover Street, at 3.30am. First stop is Carlisle to pick up then stop at Tebay for breakfast about 6am. It is a long journey, but depending on the time of year, probably worth doing to avoid any weather problems preventing flights or trains heading south in the few days before. There was no power or Wi-fi on the coach which surprised me, particularly for that length of journey.

1 hour ago, cjthedjeu said:

Hi, we have select fare, and it includes the coach transfer from Glasgow to Southampton. Does anyone know where the coach leaves from in Glasgow, approx what time and whether the journey is as bad as i think it might be 🤔

There was a recent discussion on this subject: 

We done the journey from Carlisle last March, it was absolutely perfect. We were picked up at 6am, and there were ample stops for breakfast etc. Comfort breaks and other pick ups too. My parents travelled with us, mum walks with a stick and she managed journey fine too. They are luxury coaches so nothing to worry about. My brother also done the journey from Carlisle with 2 kids aged 9 and 13 in October with no problems, he too was concerned aboug it but they have rebooked for October this year as it is quite a nice part of holiday to relax and watch the world go by! 

On 2/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, cjthedjeu said:

Hi, we have select fare, and it includes the coach transfer from Glasgow to Southampton. Does anyone know where the coach leaves from in Glasgow, approx what time and whether the journey is as bad as i think it might be 🤔

We have travelled by coach numerous times. While I would say that Eavesway, whom we paid for, were better coaches than those used by P and O, the Cruise Connect coaches by Ellison have always been ok. It is an early start but most folk snooze until the first stop. A tip for your first stop is to take a sandwich or snack  with you as often there is very little open. Plenty of comfort breaks and time to stretch your legs.  

I dislike coach travel.... Having said that we have used it several times as it has been the least worse option (apologies to my English teacher). The main problem us my height - so I accept the problem is mine. Our coach journeys usually pick up around 6:00am. The journey south is good because you are buoyed up by excitement for your coming holiday. The hard bit is coming back which does seem a bit long. (Having said that, standing for a couple of hours in Southampton railway station until your booked train-‘you must leave enough time in case the ship is late docking’ & ‘I’m not paying that for an open return’ arrives is pretty demoralising. I do believe that CPS & a cheap hotel the night before is the best option but it is not always feasible.)

Oh one last point; after week(s) of pampering your eyes will water as you reach the till with your food at the first services station.

Have a great trip

Best wishes,

Job 

Edited by Ranchi

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, Ranchi said:

Oh one last point; after week(s) of pampering your eyes will water as you reach the till with your food at the first services station.

I love this comment, so true! We often eat out ashore in Spain and Italy, e.g. in Civitavecchia our family had starters, 5 pizzas, desserts, half a litre of beer, a litre of wine and 2 coca-colas for €59. Then we stop at the services on the way home and spend £30+ for sandwiches, crisps and drinks.