Some breaking news coming from MSC UK today as yet unknown what it is

Epos Man

13 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Interestingly ... I emailed MSC UK last night about the DSC issue;  previously I would have always had a reply by the afternoon of the next day (in fact, if I email in the morning of a working day, I would definitely have a reply by afternoon).  I haven't received a response, yet.  I wonder if there's a link or is it just coincidence.   🤔

ETA ... though the wording "good news coming" doesn't sound like it's related to DSC.

I phoned MSC about the DSC last Thursday and got the scripted response and asked to email customer services - which I did. No response 5 days later!

Smacks a bit of a childish "I know something that you don't".  Why not wait 'til it can be announced to announce it, for heaven's sake!

Maybe MSC has decided to introduce a new, higher tier to Voyagers Club (how likely is that!  🙄)

Edited by Beamafar

18 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Smacks a bit of a childish "I know something that you don't".  Why not wait 'til it can be announced to announce it, for heaven's sake!

Maybe MSC has decided to introduce a new, higher tier to Voyagers Club (how likely is that!  🙄)

Sorry Bea, my friend who works at MSC has asked me to wait until they get something updated their end before I can announce it

14 minutes ago, Babybooface said:

Someone posted on Facebook that the DSC can now be removed for U.K. passengers at the end of the cruise if they wish I think they heard it from their travel agent 

Reply to same thread on FB - Hi all, I was waiting for the MSC website to be updated and to go back to the previous wording (so it does still have the compulsory wording there at the time of writing) - but yes this is what the news was relating to. Following the feedback seen, MSC UK have been listening to the UK customers, so it's business as usual

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

damp squib
noun BRITISH
a situation or event which is much less impressive than expected.

I got what it meant in context - but not what a damp squib is.  I didn't want to google it while I was having breakfast. 

5 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I got what it meant in context - but not what a damp squib is.  I didn't want to google it while I was having breakfast. 

A squib is a small firework (banger) - a damp one simply doesn’t go off - hence less impressive than expected.

ETA - as a kid I used to think it was damp squid - but then again, all squid are!😎

Edited by Omega1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 1fifthavenue said:

That MSC Cruises UK have announced that service charge will not be mandatory for UK bookings

AMEN!

Though with all the drivel posted on here, haters like the gratuities police getting giddy and the focus of the brand moved in to negative territory ...it all feels kind of flat.

But for some posters I feel pleased having listened to their stories 👌

4 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

AMEN!

Though with all the drivel posted on here, haters like the gratuities police getting giddy and the focus of the brand moved in to negative territory ...it all feels kind of flat.

But for some posters I feel pleased having listened to their stories 👌

Don’t worry, they’ll be along soon when they’ve woken up, buttons freshly polished.