Port Everglades Cruise Port

voljeep

Yes, I have posted this in the Florida departures board

Hotels next/close to cruise port for pre-cruise

"that we could book pre-cruise for 1 or 2 nights

what is the name of the Hotel we can see left from the dock ?

does it offer a stay and cruise package so you can leave your car there ?

can you catch a boat tour there ?

1st time poster here ... but poster on the Princess forum

thanks, and I'm sure to have other questions, and will definitely come back to check responses"

We like Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center (although it's on 10th Ave). Close to the port, Publix & other shops & restaurants. Check valuetrips dot com to see if they have a deal.

Water taxi stop is near the Hilton.

Edited by WisCruiser2

2 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

We like Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center (although it's on 10th Ave). Close to the port, Publix & other shops & restaurants. Check valuetrips dot com to see if they have a deal.

thanks

we're looking more for an add-a-day hotel stay to our little 4 day cruise in May, that is right on the water

overlooking the cruise ship port to get us in "full cruise mode" - and treat it as a cruise 'port' adding a day, possibly 2 to our cruise

we drive to PE - so the shops, Publix are not really a necessary consideration

Hi Voljeep, 

Hyatt Place has the cheapest parking of all the hotels in that area, I believe, but it is not on the water. They charge around $7 per day to leave your car while you cruise, OR at least they used to.  

Embassy Suites is near Hyatt, and they charge a lot per day to Park. 

Renaissance, almost right across the street from the cruise port entry point is a nice place, but I think they charge a lot for parking.  

Hilton Marina might be the property you are referring to, which is right there facing the draw bridge or the former Hyatt which is now Pier 66. Pull up a google map to see the orientation of various hotels in relation to the port to give yourself a better idea.  I find TripAdvisor  helpful, or various travel websites or  apps very helpful in this regard.  

My husband and I have stayed at ES, Hyatt Place, Renaissance, Crown Plaza (a little far out but you will have a car) and we love the Riverside.  The parking is way too expensive at Riverside, but we love that location on Las Olas. 

The hotel we like the most is Hyatt Place though . 

• Thanks 1

We stayed at both Hyatt Place 17th street and Pier 66 last year. I have no information on parking but they were both very nice to stay at. You can catch the Water Taxi right outside Hyatt. If you stay at pier 66 you will have to walk over the bridge to get to the Hyatt for the water taxi. Both offered departure and return shuttles to the port for a nominal fee. This summer we have reserved the Hyatt because it is so convienient for us with the water taxi and the Walgreens within walking distance. 

We really enjoyed waking up early and walking to the top of the bridge to watch the cruise ships come in. 

I recommend you go to the website for Hyatt or call them directly to inquire about parking packages. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure whether you are thinking of the intercoastal or the ocean.  

If you want on the ocean, the Marriott Harbor Beach resort is close to the port and on the ocean - but its pricey! 

On the Intercoastal, the Hilton Marina has a water taxi stop under the 17th Street Bridge.    https://watertaxi.com/schedule/

As for boat tours, https://www.sunny.org/things-to-do/tours-and-sightseeing-cruises/

• Thanks 1

Here's the webcam from Pier 66.   As long as they don't change the camera it is now looking at the Hilton and  Renaissance Hotel..   Right across the street from one of the cruise terminals.

www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

1 hour ago, PlopPlop said:

We stayed at both Hyatt Place 17th street and Pier 66 last year. I have no information on parking but they were both very nice to stay at. You can catch the Water Taxi right outside Hyatt. If you stay at pier 66 you will have to walk over the bridge to get to the Hyatt for the water taxi. Both offered departure and return shuttles to the port for a nominal fee. This summer we have reserved the Hyatt because it is so convienient for us with the water taxi and the Walgreens within walking distance. 

We really enjoyed waking up early and walking to the top of the bridge to watch the cruise ships come in. 

I recommend you go to the website for Hyatt or call them directly to inquire about parking packages. 

There is no water near the Hyatt Place 17th Street  Are you perhaps referring to the Hilton Marina to catch a water taxi?  Pier 66 used to be a Hyatt. 

Edited by 4cats4me

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

There is no water near the Hyatt Place 17th Street  Are you perhaps referring to the Hilton Marina to catch a water taxi?  Pier 66 used to be a Hyatt. 

You are right! Hilton Marina is where we like to stay. That’s what I get for trying to add my two cents when I should have been working.... 

• Haha 1

Or, if you’re looking to have another beach excursion day, look at Lago Mar, which is directly on Fort Lauderdale beach, and a short walk along the beach to the jetties for sail-away (starting around 4pm most Saturdays and Sundays).

14 hours ago, voljeep said:

looks like it will be  the Embassy Suites ...

giving up the intercoastal water location and view of cruise ship

for happy hour and breakfast included

works for us for 1 night

We are doing the same thing...both pre and post cruise...reviews were good so we're gonna give it a shot there.

It does look like there are interior courtyard rooms that I wonder if they are noisy...so we may request an exterior view.

53 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

We are doing the same thing...both pre and post cruise...reviews were good so we're gonna give it a shot there.

It does look like there are interior courtyard rooms that I wonder if they are noisy...so we may request an exterior view.

All the rooms have windows and doors on the inside but with exterior views (what I saw anyway).

Embassy-Suites-Lobby.jpg 

I have stayed here many times;  they serve a great breakfast; and right behind the hotel is a grocery store; so if you need any last minute items; it is right there for you; plus there are a few places to eat right near this hotel

We usually stay at Embassy Suites.  All the rooms are 2 room suites.  The door leads to the living area and the bedroom is off that on the outside of the hotel.  I have heard that a room overlooking the pool can be noisy at night because of the night life around the pool.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have stayed here many times;  they serve a great breakfast; and right behind the hotel is a grocery store; so if you need any last minute items; it is right there for you; plus there are a few places to eat right near this hotel

Just booked our reservation ... our little 4 day cruise is now a 5 day stay n cruise

Great info everyone...thanks.

One of the reasons we books it too is because its close to stores...so we can grab a case of water and bottles of wine for the cruise.

I didn't realize that all the rooms were interior and exterior....interesting...thanks.

• 2 months later...

We are going to try Bahia Mar .We have booked the Jungle Queen Riverboat dinner show our first night , and plan on hoping on and off the water taxi the next day . Both are walking distance from hotel . No shuttle though . Will have to find transportation from airport and to ship . Hope it works out .