Cruise Critic Community
barbatkins

Havana Cabana cabins on Horizon

Hi.....has anyone stayed in the Havana cabana balcony cabins on Deck 5?  What did you think?

worth the extra money?  Are they noisy....can you hear the band in the bar?

thanks

I think the use of the pool during the day makes it well worth the money.  I did not like the cabana area as much as a regular balcony but I would stay there again because of the pool area.  I did not hear any music from the bar area and we were pretty close to it.

Stayed in a HA inside cabin on the Horizon last August and will be back in the same sideways cabin this August doing the Southern route.  Well worth the extra money, but it defeats the purpose of hanging out in the Havana area if you need to be on your balcony as well.  Unless you have the discretionary funds or your SO likes one area and you like the other.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Stayed in a HA inside cabin on the Horizon last August and will be back in the same sideways cabin this August doing the Southern route.  Well worth the extra money, but it defeats the purpose of hanging out in the Havana area if you need to be on your balcony as well.  Unless you have the discretionary funds or your SO likes one area and you like the other.

This is great to hear. We have a sideways Havana interior on the horizon in 10 days. We had a cabana on the Vista and really didn't use it, but rather spent most of the time in the pool area. It was much less expensive. We normally have a balcony cabin so this will be an interesting experience for us.

Stayed in them on both Vista and Horizon, one of the best adds Carnival has ever done.  Great idea, do it. 

Loved the Havana balcony.  Great spot for shade or sun depending on time of day and direction of ship.  Want quiet, you got it.  Great to be able to hit the Ocean Plaza and grab a breakfast and bring it back to cabin and lanai.  No noise from bar.  But in bar the latin groups were excellent.  Not crowded at all.  Great conversations with others.  Well worth the time.  Except for a foray to the Serenity deck for a seaday salad and a stop at Blue Iguana for tacos, I never had to venture beyond deck 5.

We were in a sideways interior 7457 and it was great. I might would one day do a havana aft balcony, but I don't know that I would do the cabana balcony. No privacy or anything, it opens to regular havana area. As far as havana goes, I actually prefer serenity on port days, it's more my speed and the furniture is more comfortable. But if I do another vista class, I will pay extra for havana most likely. It is worth it for sea days to get away from the crowds.

Is the sideways interior you are referring to right by the elevator?  We are concerned about elevator noise and that is the only havana inside left on the cruise we are looking at. 

8 minutes ago, bandtaxi said:

Is the sideways interior you are referring to right by the elevator?  We are concerned about elevator noise and that is the only havana inside left on the cruise we are looking at. 

I was in 5205 last August out of NYC and will be back in her again this August out of Miami.  No problem with noise from the elevator. 

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, five. said:

We were in a sideways interior 7457 and it was great.

Sorry to correct you, but 7457 is not a sideways interior, it is a regular interior.  Cabins 5205 and 5208 are the only two sideways interiors in the Havana area on the Horizon.  What makes them sideways is that you enter the cabin in the middle of the long side instead of the short side like most cabins.

EDIT.  Other non Havana area interior cabins that are sideways would include 6432, 6249, 7412, 7421, 8431, 8434, & 9439.

Edited by SNJCruisers

On 3/16/2019 at 1:58 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Sorry to correct you, but 7457 is not a sideways interior, it is a regular interior.

I must've been replying to multiple posts at the time I put this up. I have no idea why I put the word sideways, that's not even what this thread was about. But yea, 7457 is a regular interior. The sideways interior we stayed in, was on Magic.