LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)

EmilyJay

Just now, guidomerkns said:

For those of us who will sailing in the future but aren’t ponying up for the deluxe drink package, can you check with the bars and see if and when they are selling beer cards or drink cards? 

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

Availability of the cards seem to vary by sailing and for Navigator may totally change when she starts doing short sailings.

Thanks for all of the info, @EmilyJay I know you're just getting into the swing of things after the first couple days, but have you noticed anything about nighttime activities around the Lime and Coconut? DJ or live music? Or do they still keep the DJ in the Cosmopolitan Club?

• Like 1

@cot427 Not much goes on at the Lime & Coconut after 7pm as they show outdoor movies on the big screen at the pool each night. 

DJ moves to the Cosmopolitan Club or there is live music all over the ship during the evening/ late night. 

@guidomerkns No drink cards yet. 

Also if anyone is interested the Deluxe Drinks Package was $66 upon boarding. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

@cot427 Not much goes on at the Lime & Coconut after 7pm as they show outdoor movies on the big screen at the pool each night. 

DJ moves to the Cosmopolitan Club or there is live music all over the ship during the evening/ late night. 

Thanks! When they first announced and then thereafter advertised L&C, they mentioned it would be a night time venue with stuff going on all night, especially the deck 12 part of the bar. Maybe after a few days or sailings it will change!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

I find this so strange as it was marketed as a venue for parties “late into the night”! 

41 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

@guidomerkns No drink cards yet. 

Also if anyone is interested the Deluxe Drinks Package was $66 upon boarding. 

I just purchased it for our 9 night sailing on March 15th.  It was $520 all in / $58 a day.   🍹🍸🍺🍷🥃

1 hour ago, cot427 said:

Thanks! When they first announced and then thereafter advertised L&C, they mentioned it would be a night time venue with stuff going on all night, especially the deck 12 part of the bar. Maybe after a few days or sailings it will change!

I loved the idea of having the outdoor parties and it was one of the things I was looking forward to. I didn't assume it would be every night though, so maybe they'll have a couple of nights with something going on out there... will need to wait and see as the rest of the week progresses I guess. 

We sail on the March 29 cruise. Have been enjoying all the info that you are providing...thanks!!! Disappointed that they do not remove towels after a certain amount of time...that procedure works great on the Harmony. One question: My parents are Diamond Plus and they used to be able to go into the shows about 15 min before the general population to get their seats. DP can not do this on the Harmony...do you know if DP can go into the shows before the others? Keep posting!! AND, enjoy your cruise!

New waterslides:

1) Do they run them all day long?

2) Do they operate into the night at all (would be pretty cool after dark)?

3) Wonder how long the wait lines can be...on Harmony, the Abyss lines were maybe 20-30 people deep at times, but moved quickly for only a 5-10 minute wait time.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

18 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

Ive just been through the cruise compass’ and the latest I can find is 9pm which was on Day 1. 

@EmilyJay Is there anyway to take pictures of the daily cruise compass and post them on here? Either daily or after your cruise is over?

Day 5: At Sea. 

This morning we were woken by an announcement from the captain saying there was a medical emergancy onboard. 

We got up and ready for the morning and had breakfast in the Windjammer again, there was then an announcement that a helicopter would be landing shortly. 

The staff were excellent at clearing any open areas above deck 11, some people didn’t understand why and were quite rude when asked to leave. But as the staff member said, it was for safety reasons. Equally, it was a windy morning and I’m sure the person who sadly is poorly didn’t want everyone watching. 

The ship pretty much stopped/ slowed right down for around 1 hour from the first announcement to the helicopter coming. 

As soon as it arrived, it was off again within 10-15 minutes so hopefully the person who needed it is safety getting the medical help they need and will be ok!! 

The captain announed we would be 1 hour late into Aruba tomorrow, but to compensate we would gain 2 hours in Bonaire. 

Quite frankly, I’m not worried about missing an hour as long as the person is ok, health comes first. 

We spent the morning by the pool, at about 8.30am all chairs in the solarium and by the pool were gone. 

We managed to find 2 loungers hiding by a pole and grabbed them quick. 

Lunch was at El Loco Fresh and then we hit up the water slides. 

Again, only Riptide was open. They were doing tests on the other slide and it is looking more positive that it will open soon. 

At least there wasn’t moutains of foam coming out the bottom of the slide like day 1! 

Tonight is casual or 70’s theme dress code. 

918F9949-0E46-4AA5-B70A-B0FCAA7EE03C.jpeg

60FE7F60-251A-41CD-B35A-4387D8D8BE82.jpeg

53368D0E-E560-44A7-AF57-0A3E858A5976.jpeg

64FAD46F-331D-47A8-BD35-901936D81990.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wville21 said:

@EmilyJay Is there anyway to take pictures of the daily cruise compass and post them on here? Either daily or after your cruise is over?

I have been keeping them! So will post soon. 

24 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

New waterslides:

1) Do they run them all day long?

2) Do they operate into the night at all (would be pretty cool after dark)?

3) Wonder how long the wait lines can be...on Harmony, the Abyss lines were maybe 20-30 people deep at times, but moved quickly for only a 5-10 minute wait time.

1. Pretty much 9am-10pm 

2. Sunset is 6pm, so yes they are open in the dark on this sailing. 

3. Longest the wait has been is 10 minutes. Most the time we’ve been able to get straight on with maybe 1-3 people in front of us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

1. Pretty much 9am-10pm 

2. Sunset is 6pm, so yes they are open in the dark on this sailing. 

3. Longest the wait has been is 10 minutes. Most the time we’ve been able to get straight on with maybe 1-3 people in front of us. 

Thank you.

It sure looks like you are having a good deal of fun & sun on Navigator!

1 hour ago, EmilyJay said:

@cot427 I’ve just been through the cruise compass’ and the latest I can find is 9pm which was on Day 1. 

Will keep you posted if there are any late ones. 

By chance will you be posting the compasses?

TIA

The good stuff starts tomorrow (at least for me).  Looking forward to the ABC islands.  Hard to believe that some people would get upset about needing to move for a medical evac, but unfortunately, that's the world that we live in.

• Like 2

@cot427 @CazV Aha!! Tomorrow we have the first late night party 11pm-1am at the pool deck/ lime & coconut. 

2 hours ago, b&s4cruisin said:

By chance will you be posting the compasses?

TIA

Yes I will post them either some point during this cruise or when I get home. 

• Like 2