LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)

EmilyJay

50 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Great review! Just off Brilliance yesterday and gearing up for the Arpil 12th cruise...I really really hope Adventure Ocean is open but then!!....thanks for taking the time to review!

I'm sure it will be open not only for April 12, but for next cruise. Not something they want to keep out of commission, especially heading into spring break for families. It seems like that area of aft deck 12 was not finished, that being the gym and adventure ocean. They are probably working hard to open it as soon as they can, and I can't see them delaying it as far as April. 

26 minutes ago, cot427 said:

I'm sure it will be open not only for April 12, but for next cruise. Not something they want to keep out of commission, especially heading into spring break for families. It seems like that area of aft deck 12 was not finished, that being the gym and adventure ocean. They are probably working hard to open it as soon as they can, and I can't see them delaying it as far as April. 

In many location schools are on Spring Break right now making Adventure Ocean important for families.

2 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Great review! Just off Brilliance yesterday and gearing up for the Arpil 12th cruise...I really really hope Adventure Ocean is open but then!!....thanks for taking the time to review!

I'm sure it's just part of the construction that ran long and will be open the instant they can.  I'd assume they prioritize the work based on impact (I'd imagine something like engines and utilities (aka water/power/sewer) infrastructure first, revenue generating, and non revenue generating) falls last on that list.  Those drydock timelines are crazy tight, any unexpected construction problems can throw it off.   I guess the alternative would be to cancel the sailing to finish it, which is just a hard decision to make that would impact far more folks.

Edited by atricks
  • Like 1

Hi EmilyJay, so how is the old Viking Lounge broken up?

We are Gold level (turn Emerald on Day 1)but we loved the VL when we were last on this class of ship.

Roughly how many seats are in what is left of the VL for less than Diamond or non-suite cruisers?

Thanks!

Edited by kevnick0814

Hi EmilyJay,

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.  I will be on the same trip on March 29th and was wondering if you know how much they are charging onboard per day for internet.  I am trying to decide if it is better to get onboard with discount or in advance for possibly lower cost. 

Thanks for your help and enjoy your vacation.

26 minutes ago, lizk17 said:

Hi EmilyJay,

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.  I will be on the same trip on March 29th and was wondering if you know how much they are charging onboard per day for internet.  I am trying to decide if it is better to get onboard with discount or in advance for possibly lower cost. 

Thanks for your help and enjoy your vacation.

Enjoying the follow in this thread too.

As for your question...it would seem that any deals onboard depend on one's C&A status...

7 minutes ago, first time cruiser pat said:

2. Would love pics or video of Viking crown lounge/cosmopolitan club. My son getting married there in April 20th ❤️

Wow!  Now that's something to look forward to!  ...with an awesome newly renovated ship to celebrate!  Congrats.

Dan

• Like 1

The Solarium. 

1 pool, 2 whirpools and the Solarium Bar. For anyone asking if it’s smaller than before I wouldn’t know as this is my first time on Navigator. To me it seems kinda small, but I’m used to the bigger ships so that’s probably why. 

CF81E4B9-498B-4FDD-81E4-630C00554BF7.jpeg

B8A3BDDD-95D7-4D43-8099-97D367CC345A.jpeg

09486F1A-E88B-426C-A284-BB2524DC18CE.jpeg

• Like 2

Hooked- We plan to eat here towards the end of the cruise. 

Bamboo Room- Great decor, but in all honesty I prefer the cocktails in some of the other bars. But 10/10 for theme. (Drink is a Mojito) 

El Loco Fresh- Located near the pool. I really quite like the food here, quick simple grab and go or sit at a table and eat.  

EADC1008-4545-43EB-AA55-ED914CA406E9.jpeg

FD5DB89B-9D2C-4BC4-A0BD-FAC245DB7F86.jpeg

ABE95E20-98ED-468D-B84D-544907466415.jpeg

46BD4939-347D-48A2-938F-3450FC6A27B5.jpeg

F2216142-3814-44EE-8445-3C24E8243C42.jpeg

5D4A5E2A-5925-49C0-A103-63F5B4B8533E.jpeg

9272A970-3C18-439F-94A3-1CA0AC8A64B4.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

The Solarium. 

1 pool, 2 whirpools and the Solarium Bar. For anyone asking if it’s smaller than before I wouldn’t know as this is my first time on Navigator. To me it seems kinda small, but I’m used to the bigger ships so that’s probably why. 

Solarium looks the same size.  There isn't much they could do to make it smaller.  The structure of the ship's other components pretty much dictate the size of the solarium.

Those hot tubs look really inviting right about now!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Last night we didn’t really do much, it was a little rocky and I didn’t feel all that great due to the motion. 

We watched the headliner show ‘Tribute Schmibute’  it’s a musical comedy show, it was ok. Some bits were better than others, I can’t say I’d be in a rush to see it again. 

We then watched the 70’s party on the promenade which was fun. 

Day 6: ARUBA 🇦🇼 

We docked at 9.20am, which was later than our original time of arrival due to the medical emergancy yesterday. 

Getting off the ship was crazy busy, but smooth. 

We had a shore excursion booked through RCI and went straight to the meeting point.

We did the Kukoo Kunkuku Beach Tour- Which is a school bus turned into a party bus with maracas to shake and have a sing song along the way. We had 2 hours at Moomba Beach, which is stunning, the water was lovely and refreshing and the sand so bright although water shoes are a good idea here. 

We then got back on the bus and went to the California Lighthouse and a Chapal.

The tour was about 3 hours and alot of fun! I highly recommend it! 

We got back on the ship to freshen up and to grab a late lunch, then we ventured back out. 

Just outside the terminal there are buses taking you to all kinds of places- Eagle Beach was being offered at $5. 

All aboard time is 11.30pm tonight and tomorrow is Curaçao! 

Adventure Ocean is still closed, as is the fitness centre. 

We don’t seem to have a huge amount of children onboard but obviously still not great to be closed. 

Also, anyone not impressed with JR pricing, at lunchtime the WJ have some really nice beef burgers and you can make your own burger with a range of fillings. The same goes for hotdogs. 

F8061CA9-B523-495D-B6FC-E680AB8C5A4F.jpeg

• Like 4

We were on Navigator 2 years ago - I really like the look of what they have done in the dry dock - ship looks fantastic.

I enjoyed El Loco Fresh on Symphony last year - great addition for the ship.

Excellent live blog by the way - really enjoying it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kevnick0814 said:

Hi EmilyJay, so how is the old Viking Lounge broken up?

We are Gold level (turn Emerald on Day 1)but we loved the VL when we were last on this class of ship.

Roughly how many seats are in what is left of the VL for less than Diamond or non-suite cruisers?

Thanks!

maybe I am just tired but how do you go from gold to emerald in 1 day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, first time cruiser pat said:

1.Curious about the to dry for bar.  I saw prices but do you know how to book an appointment? And what the hours are?

2. Would love pics or video of Viking crown lounge/cosmopolitan club. My son getting married there in April 20th ❤️

To Dry For is open 8am-10pm everyday. 

You can book by calling a number on the cruise compass or go in and book. They were out on the promenade taking bookings the morning of Formal Night for later that day. 

We were going to the Viking Lounge tonight, currently on hold as having to wait for maintenance to come to our room. If not tonight, tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

We were on Navigator 2 years ago - I really like the look of what they have done in the dry dock - ship looks fantastic.

I enjoyed El Loco Fresh on Symphony last year - great addition for the ship.

Excellent live blog by the way - really enjoying it!

We were on Symphony a few weeks ago and had lunch at El Loco Fresh.....it was not a favorite of mine.  My DH liked it better than I did.  So on ships that have it, it won't be calling me to have lunch there, is all I can say.