Concierge Class ~ Sparkling Wine

mafig

The last time we were in Concierge Class there was no sparkling wine in the stateroom, like in past years.  

You had to request it from your cabin steward, and also request what day you wanted it.

Still true?

Yes, I know it's not very good.:classic_blush:

1 hour ago, mafig said:

The last time we were in Concierge Class there was no sparkling wine in the stateroom, like in past years.  

You had to request it from your cabin steward, and also request what day you wanted it.

Still true?

Yes, I know it's not very good.:classic_blush:

Yes, that’s been our experience: you need to ask now.

54 minutes ago, villauk said:

54 minutes ago, villauk said:

They will bring it to you when plan to drink it along with a champagne ice bucket and glasses. It's no longer there on embarkation day. 

1 hour ago, ben.chan said:

Are concierge rooms entitled to a whole bottle?

I thought it was just the flute at embarkation that was the included one......

Concierge class guests may  receive one bottle of sparkling wine per stateroom. You just need to tell your steward when you'd like to have it delivered. Many guests who have a beverage package don't bother with this anymore, since the quality of the wine is pretty marginal. Makes a decent mimosa on sea days though.

All guests receive a welcome drink of sparkling wine, OJ, or a mimosa as they board the ship on embarcation day.

Edited by mom says

4 hours ago, GoodScout said:

I've heard now you have to ask, but on Equinox in November our steward had it in our room on embarkation day. 

I hope ours does also.  We always drink it on sailaway.  The last time it wasn't there, we had to ask, it came but it took awhile to get it cooled down.

44 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

We were on the Equinox B2B in January. We got two bottles of Sparkling Wine one for each leg. Our stewart had it in our fridge but as we had a drinks package we did not use either. We offered both to our stewart  but LOL he refused both so we just left them in the room!!

How would you know if what's in the fridge is meant for the complimentary benefit?

We had two concierge cabins for our last cruise (on the Silhouette) and the wine was in one of the cabins on embarkation day but not in the other cabin.  I thought the only reason our cabin attendant did that was because one room was for our daughters, all underage.  He told me to just tell him when we wanted the other bottle and he would bring it to us.  He kept the first bottle of wine "cool" in the fridge until we were ready to drink it (we opened it up on NYE; it was not very good) and I never did ask for that second bottle.  Not a big loss. 🙂

2 hours ago, mafig said:

How would you know if what's in the fridge is meant for the complimentary benefit?

We asked him and he told us it was for us! We asked him to clear the fridge and we used it for soft drinks and water. I think he put everything from the fridge under the bed in a container.  

most forget that the bottle of bubbly can most often be exchanged in a restaurant for something a bit more pricey.....and we usually are given a $28 credit towards that more expensive bottle of wine.  Yes, if you have a drink package, you can drink whatever fits in the price range...but if you want a nice bottle of wine, you might just want to get that bottle of sparkling stuff and exchange it through the somelier in a dining room.