Do people really steal toilet paper on the last night?

bigbeergut

We were on the Silhouette last week and I had some intestinal issue on the morning before we left the ship.  As I was sitting in the bathroom in the morning before we left I saw that we only had a small remnant of a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and then I looked around to discover that the room steward had removed the spare roll of toilet paper.  I was lucky that my wife always packs some extra toilet paper when we travel.  As we were leaving I saw a large plastic bag in the hallway filled with rolls of toilet paper.  It's amazing to me that they take toilet paper out of the room on the last night. 

29 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

We were on the Silhouette last week and I had some intestinal issue on the morning before we left the ship.  As I was sitting in the bathroom in the morning before we left I saw that we only had a small remnant of a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and then I looked around to discover that the room steward had removed the spare roll of toilet paper.  I was lucky that my wife always packs some extra toilet paper when we travel.  As we were leaving I saw a large plastic bag in the hallway filled with rolls of toilet paper.  It's amazing to me that they take toilet paper out of the room on the last night. 

If they do that’s really crappy.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 9
  • Haha 13

36 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

Wonder if some do think it's OK to take the toilet paper and anything else that's not "nailed down" along with them? :classic_unsure:  

Edited by OCruisers

We have noticed this...that whatever was left the night before is all there is...

Not sure why they do this...

Just seems like any toiletries/New TP etc may be cleared out...

no clue... nothing we'd want to take home. Perhaps they found that people do take it... idk

1 hour ago, bigbeergut said:

If that happens again you always have the Kleenex and dish cloths you can use lol

• Haha 1

I have not experienced this ever.  In fact, I finished off a box of facial tissue the last afternoon of the cruise and opened the spare that was in the bathroom.  After dinner, the spare had been replaced.

This was on the 10Feb sailing of Silhouette.

Edited by Algebralovr

1 hour ago, bigbeergut said:

Sounds like your wife ripped off the spare TP. 😜

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nymich said:

If that happens again you always have the Kleenex and dish cloths you can use lol

Probably someone who would take the marine grade toilet paper would also take the marine grade "Kleenex"  tissues.

At that point using the wash clothes and towels would sadly be your only option.   :classic_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Probably someone who would take the marine grade toilet paper would also take the marine grade "Kleenex"  tissues.

At that point using the wash clothes and towels would sadly be your only option.   :classic_rolleyes:

They would be softer than the TP. :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

I am sure some people might steal anything on a ship, in a hotel, in a store, on a plane, etc.  

That statement to me does NOT rise to the level that people in general or lots of people steal toilet paper or anything else. A little sensational IMHO.  

Maybe they remove what's there so they can put a new roll in when they change over the cabin.  This way they know each cabin starts with a new roll. We have never had a shortage of toilet paper on the Summit, Reflection or Silhouette. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nymich said:

I was thinking the Kleenex would be my next step, I never thought about the wash cloths.  I'm glad my wife offered up her secret stash.

21 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

I am sure some people might steal anything on a ship, in a hotel, in a store, on a plane, etc.  

That statement to me does NOT rise to the level that people in general or lots of people steal toilet paper or anything else. A little sensational IMHO.  

Apparently enough people do it to make it worth while to have the staff remove all of the TP and then replace it in the morning.

I've never noticed this with TP.  I have witnessed folks stuffing their pockets with condiments from the Windjammer.  Literally taking every packet or small jar of marmalade and leaving nothing.  People even proudly post on CC about taking stuff that does not belong to them.  So, yes I guess it probably does happen and that mentality is just kind of sad.  

35 minutes ago, 4liberty said:

Why anyone who could afford a cruise would steal THAT toilet paper is beyond me. It’s awful! I’m often tempted to bring my own, but I know it would clog the system, so I resist.

Hold THAT toilet paper up to the light and you can see right thru it.  

I think the people who steal the toilet paper find it better than using the leaves at home....

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

I've never noticed this with TP.  I have witnessed folks stuffing their pockets with condiments from the Windjammer.  Literally taking every packet or small jar of marmalade and leaving nothing.  People even proudly post on CC about taking stuff that does not belong to them.  So, yes I guess it probably does happen and that mentality is just kind of sad.  

I watched a programme on tv a while ago about hotels and one of the hotel managers stated that some guests regularly steal the light bulbs out of the room and bathroom before checking out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1