Boston After 3:00 p.m.?

antmaril

My friend and I (women in our 60’s) will be on the Carnival Sunrise in September.  The ship docks in Boston at 3:00 p.m. and will be there until 10:00 p.m.  Not ideal, but it is what it is.  Any suggestions for what we can do during this timeframe?  It is our first time to Boston.  Obviously, it will get dark about 6:30 p.m.   Not sure what we should do.  Thanks for your thoughts!  

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

Faneuil Hall visit, Fenway Park tour if the team is on the road, Seafood dinner.

Thanks!  I was thinking Faneuil Hall and a nice dinner might be the way to go.  I assume we can easily get a taxi to take us back to the ship.  

Not much time to do much besides dinner.  Little Italy and the Old North Church might another option.  I was thinking of the Fenway Park tour but you wouldn't get there until after 4 and I don't know if they run that late.

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely should go to the North End and at least walk thru and around the Old North Church.  I would also go to one of the big bakeries there for a canoli.  There is Mike's, Bova and Modern (I think).  Tremendous amount of restaurants there.  Personally, I thought Quincy Mkt and Faneuil Hall was a bit overrated.   Those things are in easy walking distance of each other.  Perhaps a harbor tour might be interesting.  Also, look at the Hop On/Off Trolleys.  Great way to get around.  Not sure of the hours that they run.  Good luck. 

58 minutes ago, wannasail4ever said:

You definitely should go to the North End and at least walk thru and around the Old North Church.  I would also go to one of the big bakeries there for a canoli.  There is Mike's, Bova and Modern (I think).  Tremendous amount of restaurants there.  Personally, I thought Quincy Mkt and Faneuil Hall was a bit overrated.   Those things are in easy walking distance of each other.  Perhaps a harbor tour might be interesting.  Also, look at the Hop On/Off Trolleys.  Great way to get around.  Not sure of the hours that they run.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the suggestions.  I don’t think the Hop On/Off Trolley will work for us because we are arriving so late in the afternoon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wannasail4ever said:

Personally, I thought Quincy Mkt and Faneuil Hall was a bit overrated.

I've been to Faneuil Hall several times.  It's always been uncomfortably crowded and seemed like a tourist trap to me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Boston is alive at night you will find lots to do within the city. Maybe even catch the MBTA to Harvard Square and check Cambridge out. From Harvard Square grab the MBTA back to South Station and a Shuttle to the ship 500 yards away or walk along Northern Ave.  

7 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Boston is alive at night you will find lots to do within the city. Maybe even catch the MBTA to Harvard Square and check Cambridge out. From Harvard Square grab the MBTA back to South Station and a Shuttle to the ship 500 yards away or walk along Northern Ave.  

If you take the MBTA back to South Station, you can do a free transfer within the Station to the Silver Line SL2 Dry Dock bus to get back to the pier.  This bus occasionally runs as a “shuttle” from the street if they are doing work in the tunnels.

You could check to see if any of the museums have late hours on the day you will be there (for example, the Museum of Fine Arts is open until 10pm Wednesday-Friday).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk