MSC Drink Vouchers

buffalobob716

On the US site it has changed a few times.  For a while it was March 25, 2019, then it said End of the Winter season.  It currently says:

The 12-drink vouchers package will be included with the Fantastica Experience for cruises until March 2019.

On Divina earlier this month they were giving the booklets to people booked in Fantastica cabins, even if they had the Drinks On Us package.  I figure they were getting rid of the last booklets.

Edited by Até

On 2/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, buffalobob716 said:

How is one suppose to know what the last winter sailing is?

Good queston. Our eTickets just arrived and they clearly show that we are to get the 12 Fantastica drink vouchers each for our March 30 Splendida sailing from Dubai; yet a month ago I was told on the phone when we called to ask that we were NOT gong to get them. Who knows??

Edited by lambs2

48 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

Good queston. Our eTickets just arrived and they clearly show that we are to get the 12 Fantastica drink vouchers each for our March 30 Splendida sailing from Dubai; yet a month ago I was told on the phone when we called to ask that we were NOT gong to get them. Who knows??

I have the same thing for a cruise mid April. Now that I have it in writing...I will be getting my 12 drinks!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Até said:

On the US site it has changed a few times.  For a while it was March 25, 2019, then it said End of the Winter season.  It currently says:

The 12-drink vouchers package will be included with the Fantastica Experience for cruises until March 2019.

On Divina earlier this month they were giving the booklets to people booked in Fantastica cabins, even if they had the Drinks On Us package.  I figure they were getting rid of the last booklets.

I hope they are still giving the booklets out on our cruise on 3/16.  They gave us Drinks on Us and we don't drink and wouldn't convert it to the Adult non-alcoholic package.  Other than water, it's of no use to us.  The vouchers would at least let us get gelato.

Don't bet on the gelato.   We were supposed to have drink coupons in our room, but they were not there on boarding.  I went down to Guest Services to inquire, and it took him 20 minutes to get two books and log the numbers to our cabin.  Almost missed muster drill.  After turndown that night, there was an envelope in the cabin...with two more booklets.  they were slightly different.  (I will post pics when I can get them to upload).  A green booklet says DRINK COUPONS and at the bottom of the list of included items it says 'homemade takeaway ice cream'.    The black booklet is called Bar & Restaurant Drink Pass and does not list ice cream.

I took my green booklet to the gelato place on deck 7 aft and he said that it was not included.  I said it included takeaway ice cream.  He said 'but this is gelato'.  Where in the heck do you get 'takeaway ice cream' onboard?  I said I wanted it anyway, so he gave it to me, and didn't charge me.  

Incidentally, I went to guest services to report the double dose of coupons, and they said don't worry, use them.  EM

enhance

enhance

Edited by Essiesmom

On 3/2/2019 at 5:52 PM, Monk86 said:

I have the same thing for a cruise mid April. Now that I have it in writing...I will be getting my 12 drinks!

I wish we could get them on our July 1st sailing. Mom doesnr drunk but likes coffee and the rest of us have a drink or 2 a day... not enough to warrant the 400 plus extra for package. Too bad you can't get a choice. 

Watch for reports of use/not use on cruises just before yours.  The last couple of times we ordered drinks on Seaside they saw but didn't collect the vouchers.  Or maybe they just recognized us.  We hung out in the Sports Bar.  EM

I just booked MSC for the first time. Nov. 2020 Fantastica with the 12 drink package.  Is there an available upgrade if I want premium spirits or wine? 
Plus, does MSC offer hard cider; my preferred drink. 
Thanks

On 3/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, Essiesmom said:

Don't bet on the gelato.   We were supposed to have drink coupons in our room, but they were not there on boarding.  I went down to Guest Services to inquire, and it took him 20 minutes to get two books and log the numbers to our cabin.  Almost missed muster drill.  After turndown that night, there was an envelope in the cabin...with two more booklets.  they were slightly different.  (I will post pics when I can get them to upload).  A green booklet says DRINK COUPONS and at the bottom of the list of included items it says 'homemade takeaway ice cream'.    The black booklet is called Bar & Restaurant Drink Pass and does not list ice cream.

I took my green booklet to the gelato place on deck 7 aft and he said that it was not included.  I said it included takeaway ice cream.  He said 'but this is gelato'.  Where in the heck do you get 'takeaway ice cream' onboard?  I said I wanted it anyway, so he gave it to me, and didn't charge me.  

Incidentally, I went to guest services to report the double dose of coupons, and they said don't worry, use them.  EM

enhance

enhance

The green ones are the old "more for less" vouchers that you used to buy. The black ones are the actual fantastica vouchers.