2-28-2019 Thursday Weigh-In.....Bye February..Hello March

Belle

Belle glad you had fun with the girls!  

Last week I had lost nothing, this week I had a flu bug.  I Lost 3.4# this week for a total of 23.8#  -- next week I will need to remember that I lost this week!!!

Hope everyone had a good week.  It has been so cold here and my winter jacket zipper decided to break (sigh!)  Jan

• Like 1

Belle,  glad you had a good time 🙂 

Jan, feel well soon.  Nice loss, but not how we want to lose it 😞 

Diana, a maintain is definitely better than a gan (except for those rare few trying to gain 😉 ).

I'm down 2.2# from last week.  I think the walking is really helping - clothes aren't as tight.  I'm going for a massage today, hoping it helps the back and shoulder/neck pain.

Belle, a girl's night out sounds great.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Jan, great loss, but so sorry that you had to suffer through the flu.

pacruise, good loss.  I hope that you enjoyed your massage.

Diana, staying the same is always a good thing.

I am also down 3.4.  I also lost for a bad reason.  My husband was hospitalized again last week.  He had a little setback, but is doing fine now.

Rose

• Like 1

Hi all,  Belle its always good to get out with friends,  Jan it wasn't so cold down here this week sorry you got sick and lost, not a fun way to lose..Diana, maintaining is not a bad thing. Pacruise what a great loss you had this week exercise is always good.. Rose another good loss but again not the best way to lose, hope your husbands doing better.. And myself and up over a lb this week. Went out to eat a few days and a few nights too and had dessert. Have a houseful of family tonight for coffee and cake and my wife just brought me a bowl of homemade rice pudding will have try harder this next week as she is off to Brazil tomorrow for nine days.....Take care all Rob..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Belle, glad you had a girl's night. Sounds like fun.

Jan, sorry about the flu bug but great loss. Are you in a smaller size?

I stayed the same. I'm ok with that. As long as I don't gain bac the 8 lbs. I've lost.

Hope everyone had success.

Diana

I've been going through my "cruise closet" and taking out things that are too big (its exciting!) ... I've been going through the attic and taking out items that had been too small and now fit.  I've gone from a 16 (and sometimes above) to a 12-14 ... mostly 12's in pants and sometimes a 12-14 in tops.  It is exciting to see the differences.  

I  just hope that I can maintain any loss and not yo-yo back to a 16 again ...  I don't seem to do well with maintaining. 

I've come across items that are a size 8 ... they and the 16's are going to the salvation army.  I feel best if I stay a 12 (or perhaps some 10's) ... I can't maintain a real small size.  I just want to try to be healthy.  Jan

• Like 1

Rose, so sorry your hubby had a setback. Glad he is doing better. Good loss for the week but not under the best circumstances. 

Jan, ooh, nice you have some smaller clothes, that feels so good. Congrats. And agree not too go too small, too difficult to maintain.

Rob, small gain. Hopefully you can lose it soon

Diana

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my husband.  He is doing well right now and I am trying very hard to keep him that way.

Jan, I also wear a size 12, with some of my jeans being a 10.  I have decided to not try to go smaller because I can't sustain that.  

I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

Rose

• Like 1

Rose, I'm glad your husband is doing better now.  I think you and Jan are wise in recognizing a maintainable size - I suspect I will be around a 10 also (it sure was nice fitting into 8's in my 40's though 😉 ).

Do the older clothes fit well, Jan, or do you find your shape has changed with the weight loss?  I'm sure your donations will be just the thing someone else is looking for (on both size ends) - maybe someone who went down from an 18 or 20 will be thrilled to find something in their new size 🙂 

Rob, one pound isn't too bad - especially if it is the price for good memories with loved ones.  Wishing safe travels for your wife and a productive/restful time alone for you.

The massage was wonderful - I have so much better range of motion now!  The therapist warned my I might be sore today and she was right 😱If I accidentally touch my neck it is very tender, but I'm sure if I keep regular appointments it will fade.  I'm fighting some sinus stuff too and might be having issues with my lymphatic system to compound the pain.  I'll take the occasional temporary pain now in place of the all the time tightness though.

Have a great weekend everyone!

First thing..Rose so sorry your husband had a set back. Glad he's doing better. Take

care of yourself too.

Jan nice loss but sorry you had to be sick to lose it. Hope you feel better. Nice to

be in smaller clothes.

Diana I did the same as you..stayed the same.  Know you'll keep off.

Pac great on the walking and weight loss. Hoping you feel better.

Rob you'll get it off soon just all the eating out. Wishing your wife a great trip

and that you enjoy a little me time even thro you will miss her.

Thank you for being happy that I had a night out. It was fun.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. Your weather is better today. Less snow

for those that have it. Rain here. Take care everyone and be safe out on the

roads if driving. Also be careful of the food out there!🍴🍷:classic_laugh:

HI all!

Belle ~ glad to hear you had a fun time with friends.

Jan ~ thanks so much for your reply on last week's thread. Great loss again but sorry for the way it happened.

Some good losses this week though some not through ideal conditions.

I guess I'm the only gainer but it was only 0.4 lbs so I'm not too upset. Better luck next time eh?!!

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. It snowed here AGAIN yesterday!! SO looking forward to Spring!!🌷

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Hello All!:classic_smile:

Everyone doing ok?  I'm trying to get things together. I fly out Sun. the 10th  to spend the night

before I cruise on Mon. 11th. to Hawaii. Did some last min. shopping for odds and ends today.

My weight won't budge. Will really have to get to it after the cruise. I hope my luck continues as last few

cruises. Didn't gain on them and they were long ones.

I know others are cruising soon too. Who's cruising where and when?

Rob are you doing alright since your wife is away? Enjoying some me time?

Edited by Belle

I've been battling a cough and staying home today from walking.  Yesterday we had a school delay, so my workout was shoveling snow.  It recorded as 67 minutes burning 323 calories, so similar to a walk 🙂 Weight training tonight and Saturday.

Have a wonderful trip Belle, Hawaii sounds wonderful!  We cruise in June.

This is musical week at the kids school, so I need to get the house ready for the grandparents coming and do some errand running.

Our church observes a 40 day lenten fast from March 12th through Easter Saturday.  I have decided to fast from Cruise Critic during that time, so you won't see me around for a few weeks.  I'll try to check in this Thursday and possibly again on Monday before I begin the fast.  Keep working hard at staying healthy everyone 🙂