Back to Back Cruise in Amsterdam

tommui987

Taking a back to back cruise originating in Amsterdam, back to Amsterdam  at 7:00am and then the cruise goes from Amsterdam to Rome on the same day at 5:00pm.

If we are in the same cabin on both cruises, what is the usual procedure should we want to go on a tour at the end of the first cruise?

Tom, I'm sorry I keep forgetting to answer you on another thread. I do not have any personal experience doing a B2B in Amsterdam, or anywhere in Europe for that matter and I understand that the procedure there is different than in the US.

Comments I have seen indicate that in Europe the turnaround day for B2B Guests are just another day on the ship with no special procedures, but the comments I remember are quite old and things can change quickly.

I sailed that exact scenario last September, except I didn't leave the ship on turn-around day. It is treated as any other port day, where you could stay or go as you pleased. Depening on where you are returning to Amsterdam from, you may have to clear Immigration.

If you have a HAL tour, you will be told where/when to meet, as with any other HAL tour. If it's a private tour, you can just walk off at the appropriate time to meet your guide, so long as the ship has been cleared to start disembarking passengers.

The day before turn-around day you will get an instruction letter and an 'in-transit' card. You use this when you are returning to the ship.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RuthC said:

It is treated as any other port day, where you could stay or go as you pleased. . You use this when you are returning to the ship.

Thank you, Ruth.

Hope to meet up with you one of these days!

• Thanks 1

It would be quite easy to disembark, walk across the street, catch the tram and ride up to the museums (Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum) if that would be of interest. If you have never been on the ground in Amsterdam, it's pretty easy to see by foot on your own. Just be mindful of the time! It would be easy to get involved in something and lose track of the time and miss getting back to the ship. When we were there in June of 2018 you needed to pre-purchase tickets for the Van Gogh (or for the Ann Frank house).