Where has our cruise gone?

wabamun

We have booked and paid the deposit on the 17 October 2020 sailing on Pursuit out of Athens to Dubai.

Today I noticed it is gone from the schedule.

I have a bad feeling about this.

It may be that they are doing some adjustment on the website - there is nothing on it for the Pursuit in October or November after the cruise that arrives in Piraeus on 17 October 2020 until the cruise from Perth Australia on 21 December. The ship has to get to Australia, so it will have to go from Piraeus through the Suez Canal.

That’s a cruise that we were thinking about too. We’ve done the route 3 times already and really love it. Lots of sea days in a hot climate!

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It may be that they are doing some adjustment on the website - there is nothing on it for the Pursuit in October or November after the cruise that arrives in Piraeus on 17 October 2020 until the cruise from Perth Australia on 21 December. The ship has to get to Australia, so it will have to go from Piraeus through the Suez Canal.

That’s a cruise that we were thinking about too. We’ve done the route 3 times already and really love it. Lots of sea days in a hot climate!

Yes, who knows. I called Azamara today and they had no information to share.

Cheers.

Here is the answer!

The Azamara Pursuit has been chartered by a private group with sailing dates that are in direct conflict with your voyage. This has required us to adjust the dates and some ports of call on your voyage. We greatly apologize for this disruption, however, when planning so far in advance sometimes circumstances arise that require us to alter our scheduling. This is one of those instances. The good news is that these changes mean you'll enjoy two additional nights at no extra charge.

We invite you to embark on a 17-night Egypt, Israel and Jordan Voyage that departs Athens on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. That's just one week later than you  originally scheduled departure and you'll still sail aboard the beautiful Azamara Pursuit. Consider the extra two nights a complimentary thank you from Azamara. We won't charge an extra dime. Additionally, you'll enjoy $200 in onboard credit.

What's more, this new itinerary happens to call on many of the destinations your original voyage was scheduled to visit. You'll still explore Safaga, Egypt, only now with an unforgettable overnight. You'll also visit Aqaba, Jordan, Salalah, Oman, and pass through the legendary Suez Canal. Better yet, you'll also enjoy two nights in Ashdod, Israel, gateway to the Holy City of Jerusalem. This is a rare opportunity to explore one of the most sacred places on earth, where the world's great faiths intersect and history is found at every turn. It's an addition to your Middle Eastern discovery we hope you'll agree is hard to pass up. Additionally, guests who have booked and paid for Azamara shore excursions will, of course, receive a full refund. The complete 17-night itinerary is detailed below for your convenience.

If this new sailing doesn't work for you, we'll also be happy to move you to any other Azamara voyage at the prevailing rate. Any overages will be refunded back to you. If there are additional charges, you simply pay the difference. Or, we'll be happy to place you on an Open Passage which holds your deposit for a future sailing. Either way, you'll receive $100 in onboard credit per booking for your troubles.

Of course, your also welcome to cancel your voyage and receive a full refund. However, we hope you'llconsider joining us on a 17-night voyage that's sure to be one for the ages.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause and thank you for your kind understanding. We know this news comes as a surprise. So, please take some time to consider your options and review your personal calendar. We ask that you inform us of your decision no later than March 29, 2019. In the meantime, should you have any questions about this voyage, please call us at your convenience.

we have reservations on this cruise and it is ok with us to leave one week later 

Thank you for sharing this lenoirm.

When I called Azamara I was told the cruise had disappeared because it was sold out. This change looks good to me.

I'm sure Azamara will notify us eventually.

This is why I like Cruise Critic.

Cheers.

We were also looking to book the original of this cruise.

Without Agios Nikolaos and Muscat, as well as no overnight at Aqaba for Petra it does not hold much appeal for me. I was really looking forward to Petra in the early morning, which is not possible on a one day tour after docking at 0800. :classic_sad: 49 hours at Ashdod holds no appeal for me.

Edited by Baynanno1

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Without Agios Nikolaos and Muscat, as well as no overnight at Aqaba for Petra it does not hold much appeal for me. I was really looking forward to Petra in the early morning, which is not possible on a one day tour after docking at 0800. :classic_sad: 49 hours at Ashdod holds no appeal for me.

We’re the opposite. We went to Petra last time, and have been in Muscat 3 times, but never in Israel, so we would plan a tour to Jerusalem?  The only bit that doesn’t attract so much is the 2 days in Safaga as we did a 2 day tour to Luxor & the Valley of the Kings last time. Not sure what we’d do there.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Same here, however we can see the appeal Safaga and Israel holds for others.  

But the biggest reason for us it has to drop is we had a tentative plan to use a spare oneway ticket we have to fly from Dubai to Lisbon at the end as we’ve already got a cruise booked from there. Now we would miss the boat!

Edited by uktog

So what's happened to the cruises after November 1? We're booked on the November 1 10 days Dubai to Dubai, visiting Qatar, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi among others. We were actively looking at booking the following cruise as well that ends up in Singapore on November 30. We were looking at taking in the World's Fair before embarking November 1. So it looks like we start looking for a Plan B??

27 minutes ago, cancruisers said:

So what's happened to the cruises after November 1? We're booked on the November 1 10 days Dubai to Dubai, visiting Qatar, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi among others. We were actively looking at booking the following cruise as well that ends up in Singapore on November 30. We were looking at taking in the World's Fair before embarking November 1. So it looks like we start looking for a Plan B??

Looks like you need to go back to the drawing board, or at least contact your TA who may have better luck than I have had doing a search of October, November & December 2019 & 2020.

In 2019 Quest does Singapore to Dubai on 12 November, Dubai to Dubai on 29 November, disappears between 9 & 17 November when it reappears for Dubai to Mumbai.

In 2020 there is a blank space between 17 October in Europe and 21 December in Australia for Pursuit . . . . . . .

3 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Looks like you need to go back to the drawing board, or at least contact your TA who may have better luck than I have had doing a search of October, November & December 2019 & 2020.

In 2019 Quest does Singapore to Dubai on 12 November, Dubai to Dubai on 29 November, disappears between 9 & 17 November when it reappears for Dubai to Mumbai.

In 2020 there is a blank space between 17 October in Europe and 21 December in Australia for Pursuit . . . . . . .

Sent a brief note to TA - Azamara wasn’t open today but her system shows our cruise as sold out. Highly unlikely so they’re probably preventing agents from booking any new cruises. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, Baynanno1 said:

Exactly - I had this one bookmarked as a retirement cruise but you'd have to pay my husband to go to Israel, never mind spend that amount of time there, and we adore Crete.  Ugh....back to the drawing board.

Edited by Cruise Junky

We are definitely looking for another cruise.

FYI

An other Company (starts with C like your good wines glasses) has a cruise from Athens to Dubai at approximately the same time with overnights in Athens,Eilat,Aqaba and Dubai.

It is a bit more expensive and formal but more inclusive.

(I am not advertising,I have never cruised with them!).

we are waiting for our TA to send us an estimate to decide.

We love Azamara  but the prices seem out of control  right now for a cruise to Africa or a Fall Transatlantic that we would like to book .

Too bad... 

We have 3 more reservations on Azamara (Norway,Tahiti and Japan) , lets hope they don’t tinker with those.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lenoirm said:

We are definitely looking for another cruise.

FYI

An other Company (starts with C like your good wines glasses) has a cruise from Athens to Dubai at approximately the same time with overnights in Athens,Eilat,Aqaba and Dubai.

It is a bit more expensive and formal but more inclusive.

(I am not advertising,I have never cruised with them!).

we are waiting for our TA to send us an estimate to decide.

We love Azamara  but the prices seem out of control  right now for a cruise to Africa or a Fall Transatlantic that we would like to book .

Too bad... 

We have 3 more reservations on Azamara (Norway,Tahiti and Japan) , lets hope they don’t tinker with those.

No Safaga on that one unfortunately.  Oceania has a good one but right now it's showing all waitlisted which probably means it's having some changes made to it. 

We are jumping ship !

We have decide to try C*****l for the Suez Canal Cruise.

We are very disappointed that Azamara would sell  us a cruise and then , behind our backs, resell it as a charter.

We know it happens and it is business ......🤑

We will return to Azamara for the exceptional onboard experience but we give an F to the Miami deciders.

Micheline and Luc

You said it.  It’s business.  As for behind your backs?  I think this is way over the top and a big overreaction.  The cruise is over 18 months away!  And changes have happened to me before.  You just have to go with the flow.  In the grand scheme of things we are just lucky to have the health, wealth and time to be able to have the choice at all.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lenoirm said:

We are jumping ship !

We have decide to try C*****l for the Suez Canal Cruise.

We are very disappointed that Azamara would sell  us a cruise and then , behind our backs, resell it as a charter.

We know it happens and it is business ......🤑

We will return to Azamara for the exceptional onboard experience but we give an F to the Miami deciders.

Micheline and Luc

Hi Micheline and Luc,

sorry to read of the change to your cruise.

We had an itinerary change with Azamara at very short notice. We chose the cruise, our fourth with Azamara,  as it included a port we particularly wanted to visit, which was cancelled and there was a knock on effect involving two further ports.  It IS disappointing!!  However we did have a pleasant cruise, although not as we had planned.

Just  want to reassure you about your change to Crystal (there, I have said it!!)

We would be surprised if you were not delighted with the dining choices, the exceptional crew, comfortable rooms and outstanding entertainment.  After 4 Crystal cruises, we do feel more drawn to them.

Ann.