Cabanas on Ocean Cay

Até

A few days ago I noticed MSC had made changes, adding shore excursions to my booked sailings that stop at Ocean Cay.  One thing I noticed was they had cabanas available in regular and deluxe versions.  The only difference I can see is the deluxe includes food and beverage service as well as a few things like snorkel gear and floating mats.  I have no idea if the food is free but I kind of doubt the drinks, other than water and maybe soda, would be free.  Somehow the prices got cut from my screenshots, they are $249 and $349 respectively. 

Getting back to my question, I also noticed they listed cabanas as Yacht Club versions in both regular and deluxe, the difference appeared to be location as the deluxe said something about oceanfront and the prices were around $100 more each.  I was traveling earlier so decided to look a little closer today.  Originally I was a little put off by the higher prices.  I assume they are going to be located in a private YC area, but I've already paid for that YC access and the cabana descriptions looked the same.  So today I was wanting to figure out what the YC ones offered that would make them cost $100 more.  Perhaps that's a stupid question.  But today the YC versions are now gone from the website.  I'm not sure if they were all booked or just removed, can anyone still see them on their sailing?  You might have to be booked in YC to see them.  I'd like to re-read the descriptions if anyone can copy them.

On a side note MSC now has internet packages that include Ocean Cay, they average about $20 more.

Cabana.JPG

good day all -

this i can confirm - 

i am booked on Meraviglia in YC and have booked a YC OceanView Cabana (as the Oceanfront was sold out, or not available) - The  cabana i have booked is still on my account,

when i access my booking, i can still book a YC Ocean View Cabana and shows available to book

i dont understand why the the YC and the regular cabanas are different rates as the inclusions seems the same and hold the same amount of people - i would be highly disappointed if a non-YC cruiser could book a YC cabana - i am not sure from your post if you are actually booked on the ship as of yet.

i am not even going to take the energy to call MSC to see what the difference is in the Cabanas, as frankly, - i dont think that they would know -

we are the first ship to arrive on the 9th of November, so i guess i will be the guinea pig (that is - If  the island is done.... and if the ship will actually be able to dock if the tides or the weather does not co-operate)

hope this helps slightly,,,

10 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

hope this helps slightly,,,

Thanks for the info Ignazio and Marco.  I also have a non-YC booking that does not offer YC cabanas, I figure they are limited to YC cabins.  On the booking in question I am in YC so I assume the YC cabanas I saw a few days ago have sold out on that sailing.  Perhaps I'll inquire if they keep a couple for booking on the ship, I'll have to ask.  But I'm still a little put off by the pricing which I expect to be even more once on the ship.

1 hour ago, Até said:

Thanks for the info Ignazio and Marco.  I also have a non-YC booking that does not offer YC cabanas, I figure they are limited to YC cabins.  On the booking in question I am in YC so I assume the YC cabanas I saw a few days ago have sold out on that sailing.  Perhaps I'll inquire if they keep a couple for booking on the ship, I'll have to ask.  But I'm still a little put off by the pricing which I expect to be even more once on the ship.

Strange - but again MSC!!! - i can still see the YC oceanfront - but when i click on it, shows not available.  

10 hours ago, marcoigna said:

Strange - but again MSC!!! - i can still see the YC oceanfront - but when i click on it, shows not available.  

Does it specifically show as a YC cabana, Marco?  I can only see the Cabana and Deluxe available - nothing indicating YC.

Are you on the 13 night repo from NY to Miami?

42 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Does it specifically show as a YC cabana, Marco?  I can only see the Cabana and Deluxe available - nothing indicating YC.

Are you on the 13 night repo from NY to Miami?

Correct. Shows YC cabana - so perhaps you need to have a YC  room to sccess these cabanas which makes sense.  

Yes - we are on the 13 night cruise.  I believe you sre as well - would be nice to neet each other finally as i know u have been on these bosrds for quite a number of years as well

1 minute ago, marcoigna said:

Correct. Shows YC cabana - so perhaps you need to have a YC  room to sccess these cabanas which makes sense.  

Yes - we are on the 13 night cruise.  I believe you sre as well - would be nice to neet each other finally as i know u have been on these bosrds for quite a number of years as well

It would be lovely to meet you both, Marco!  We're doing the 10 nights beforehand as well - in YC.  I wasn't sure if you were doing the same.  I knew you were definitely on the NY-Miami leg.

There are so many regular CCers who will be on either the NY-Canada and/or the NY-Miami that I'm finding it hard to keep track of who's on which one.

49 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It would be lovely to meet you both, Marco!  We're doing the 10 nights beforehand as well - in YC.  I wasn't sure if you were doing the same.  I knew you were definitely on the NY-Miami leg.

There are so many regular CCers who will be on either the NY-Canada and/or the NY-Miami that I'm finding it hard to keep track of who's on which one.

No, wd are not doing the 10 nights prior - We are coning to New york for 2 nights prior - then after the cruise off to Paradiss Island fir 4 nights.   

Are in in the YC for the 13 nights as well 

Edited by marcoigna

3 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

No, wd are not doing the 10 nights prior - We are coning to New york for 2 nights prior - then after the cruise off to Paradiss Island fir 4 nights.   

Sounds wonderful.  Look forward to seeing you onboard!