Celebrity Equinox towels for taking ashore?

LaRoLarRo

Hi and help please for the Celebrity Equinox

Can you please tell me where we get towels for taking ashore?

Do we have to pick them up from a pool area?

Can we pick them up the night before and store in our cabin?

I am constantly amazed at how many people are so willing to take the time to help!

Thanks so much :)

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Our cabin attendant left beach towels in our room the evening before a port day. I’m sure you can also pick up some from the pool deck. FYI: You’ll not have to sign them out with your card like some other cruise lines require. Have a wonderful time!

1 minute ago, 1travelinggal said:

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Our cabin attendant left beach towels in our room the evening before a port day. I’m sure you can also pick up some from the pool deck. FYI: You’ll not have to sign them out with your card like some other cruise lines require. Have a wonderful time!

That is fantastic! Thank you so much!

We hope you had a wonderful cruise. This is our first time on the Celebrity. We are also going on the Caribbean Princess two weeks before that so a big year for us :)

6 minutes ago, LaRoLarRo said:

That is fantastic! Thank you so much!

We hope you had a wonderful cruise. This is our first time on the Celebrity. We are also going on the Caribbean Princess two weeks before that so a big year for us :)

Happily, both Princess and Celebrity provide beach towels to take with you on your port stops. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

If you have an excursion thru Celebrity, the yellow beach towels will arrive the night before.  If not, just ask your attendant and they will soon appear.  The blue/gray towels are for the pool.

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you have an excursion thru Celebrity, the yellow beach towels will arrive the night before.  If not, just ask your attendant and they will soon appear.  The blue/gray towels are for the pool.

Thank you one clarification question 

Does that mean if we didn't book our excursion through celebrity we can't have towels? Or that we take the pool towels? or that we ask for the yellow towels?

Thank you so much

4 minutes ago, LaRoLarRo said:

Does that mean if we didn't book our excursion through celebrity we can't have towels? Or that we take the pool towels? or that we ask for the yellow towels?

Thank you so much

Mention to your attendant that you are going to the beach the next day and they will arrive. I like the beach towels as they are usually less worn and are classy looking.  

We have never done a Celebrity beach excursion and we have always had the yellow beach towels left in our cabin before a beach port day.  

Worst case you don’t get them run up to the pool deck and grab someone the grey pool towels, just return them.  

The reason some cruise line s require you to you to sign out towels is because some think they are souvenirs or just leave them on the beach.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Mention to your attendant that you are going to the beach the next day and they will arrive. I like the beach towels as they are usually less worn and are classy looking.  

Excellent! Thanks so  much

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have never done a Celebrity beach excursion and we have always had the yellow beach towels left in our cabin before a beach port day.  

Worst case you don’t get them run up to the pool deck and grab someone the grey pool towels, just return them.  

The reason some cruise line s require you to you to sign out towels is because some think they are souvenirs or just leave them on the beach.

Thank you so much

Its still over a month to go but we are getting excited!

10 hours ago, 1travelinggal said:

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Our cabin attendant left beach towels in our room the evening before a port day. 

I don't think this is the best approach.  On my last cruise on the Silhouette earlier this month, the attendant left two towels with a note indicating that these towels were to be used ashore and I would be charged $28 if I did not return the towels.  I don't know if this is an empty threat or they really charge people.  I wasn't going to find out.  Often times on an excursion, the luggage and towels are piled in one area and people take towels by mistake.  The towels the attendant leaves in my cabin never leave my cabin.  I go to the pool area and take two towels from there and do my best to return them after the excursion.  Some days there are yellow towels and some days grey ones.  It doesn't matter to me.  No one will search your bags for towels leaving the ship.  Enjoy your trip and don't worry about pool towels.

• Like 2

“On my last cruise on the Silhouette earlier this month, theattendant left two towels with a note indicatingthat these towels were to be used ashore and Iwould be charged $28 if I did not return the towels.”

I can only speak from my own experience, but there was no note left with the beach towels placed in our room the night before port days. 

LaRoLarRo, don’t hesitate to ask your room attendant or guest services any questions you have- whether it’s about towels or any other concerns. All of the Equinox staff will take great care of you, and ensure that all your questions are answered. You are going to have a wonderful cruise!

11 hours ago, LaRoLarRo said:

Thank you so much

The room steward will put beach towels in every cabin the night before your first stop. You leave the dirty ones in your bathroom and they will replace them. 

Edited by ozark74

12 hours ago, LaRoLarRo said:

Hi and help please for the Celebrity Equinox

Can you please tell me where we get towels for taking ashore?

Do we have to pick them up from a pool area?

Can we pick them up the night before and store in our cabin?

I am constantly amazed at how many people are so willing to take the time to help!

Thanks so much :)

You don't check out towels on Celebrity like on Royal....just grab as many as you want by the pool and put them in your room so you have for going ashore.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:42 PM, 1travelinggal said:

“On my last cruise on the Silhouette earlier this month, theattendant left two towels with a note indicatingthat these towels were to be used ashore and Iwould be charged $28 if I did not return the towels.”

I can only speak from my own experience, but there was no note left with the beach towels placed in our room the night before port days. 

LaRoLarRo, don’t hesitate to ask your room attendant or guest services any questions you have- whether it’s about towels or any other concerns. All of the Equinox staff will take great care of you, and ensure that all your questions are answered. You are going to have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you so much, I am learning that will be the best approach all the way around :) Take care

On 3/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, amscene1 said:

Celebrity towels are all my guest towels at my house lol

Eventually Celebrity will probably start making people check out the towels because of people like you. 🤐  🙄   😱

Edited by ReneeFLL

I actually enjoy my cruise ship towels and have purchased each and every one. I have at least 10 in total and they are always out by the pool every summer.  My husband still has a Carnival towel that I purchased in 2001 and uses it all the time.   I purchase them for kids souvenirs and for my own use - no regrets and I love having them. The yellow Celebrity ones are not as thick but large enough for pools and water parks.

ReneeFLL -

Please don't assume that people steal - yes some do but many others do not. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't think this is the best approach.  On my last cruise on the Silhouette earlier this month, the attendant left two towels with a note indicating that these towels were to be used ashore and I would be charged $28 if I did not return the towels.  I don't know if this is an empty threat or they really charge people.  I wasn't going to find out.  Often times on an excursion, the luggage and towels are piled in one area and people take towels by mistake.  The towels the attendant leaves in my cabin never leave my cabin.  I go to the pool area and take two towels from there and do my best to return them after the excursion.  Some days there are yellow towels and some days grey ones.  It doesn't matter to me.  No one will search your bags for towels leaving the ship.  Enjoy your trip and don't worry about pool towels.

We were on Silhouette in December and we never saw a note like that. We returned the yellow towels to the bin when rented to the ship some days to bins at security when re-entering the ship and didn't sign anything. We were never charged. Other days we left them in the cabin and the steward removed them. Again no charge.

6 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We were on Silhouette in December and we never saw a note like that. We returned the yellow towels to the bin when rented to the ship some days to bins at security when re-entering the ship and didn't sign anything. We were never charged. Other days we left them in the cabin and the steward removed them. Again no charge.

We were on B2B cruises on the Silhouette, a 12-night and a 9-night.  We only received this note on the 12-night cruise which had 7 port days.

6 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

We were on B2B cruises on the Silhouette, a 12-night and a 9-night.  We only received this note on the 12-night cruise which had 7 port days.

We were on the 12 night in December with 7 ports and no note. Maybe our steward trusted us, or forgot. Whatever, we returned the towels and never for charged.

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We were on the 12 night in December with 7 ports and no note. Maybe our steward trusted us, or forgot. Whatever, we returned the towels and never for charged.

Maybe we got the note because you took the towels in December. 😉