Cruise Critic Community

Funny story. I ordered the deluxe drink package for our cruise in Alaska 2 years ago. When we got to our cabin I noticed there was a cup in there. I thought "that's odd, we've never been given cups in our room before". I had bought the beverage package for alcoholic drinks. It never crossed my mind that I could use the cup for non alcoholic beverages. At the end of the cruise, I just left the cup in our room. It never occurred to me until months later that the cup was put there as part of my beverage package.

We bought the deluxe drink package on our last cruise. Two cups were in our cabin. Since we don't drink pop (soda) we never even pealed the plastic wrap off of them.  I was going to leave them in the cabin but my wife insisted on taking them home. They are nice insulated cups after all.

On our last cruise I ordered the coffee card and their was a cup in our room. I think that was a mistake but it the cup worked.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Funny story. I ordered the deluxe drink package for our cruise in Alaska 2 years ago. When we got to our cabin I noticed there was a cup in there. I thought "that's odd, we've never been given cups in our room before". I had bought the beverage package for alcoholic drinks. It never crossed my mind that I could use the cup for non alcoholic beverages. At the end of the cruise, I just left the cup in our room. It never occurred to me until months later that the cup was put there as part of my beverage package.

Me too, I never use the thing.  I can't be arsed to carry it aound all the time.

We also do not drink soda so have several of these cups unopened 

We used ours for ice water and we also poured our adult beverages into them.  They kept the drinks very cold and they never got watered down because the ice didn't melt!  We even took them on our all inclusive shore excursion so our drinks would stay nice and cold on the beach!  We also brought along our own plastic straws.  I hate the paper ones they give you!