Pre cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale

dfencecoach

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I don't think you will find much. 

Every Hilton property is booked solid for 31 Jan 20 except the Embassy Suites at $1240.

Every Hyatt property is booked solid for 31 Jan 20.

You may have to book something in Orlando....(just kidding but with the superbowl in miami that weekend, you might be booking something a long ways away).

After being stuck with a $500 room during boat week, I make it a point to check on events before booking a cruise.

My cruise doesn't depart until 2/14 so I'm hoping to get something in FLL for around 250 by then.  Fingers crossed.  If it's too pricey, guess we'll only spend the night before and not fly down for an extra day in FL.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:32 PM, ATG said:

We are sailing out of Port Everglades next year on 1/31 and needed a hotel for the night before.  The Embassy Suites shows up on the Hilton site as costing $1240 a night!!!

Turns out the Super Bowl is in Miami that weekend.  You may want to book soon.  I ended up with the Hyatt at about $300.

We are sailing out of FLL that day and just found out yesterday about the SB.  I also found the ridiculous rate at ES.  I am currently booked at a new Four Points by Sheraton for $194, but am still looking around.

2 minutes ago, btregoning said:

We are sailing out of FLL that day and just found out yesterday about the SB.  I also found the ridiculous rate at ES.  I am currently booked at a new Four Points by Sheraton for $194, but am still looking around.

You might want to grab that.  If you find something better, you can cancel?

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

You might want to grab that.  If you find something better, you can cancel?

I did actually book it because we can cancel up until the 29th of January.  I am the "research til I drop" kind of gal, so I will keep looking.  I heard good things about Riverside, and it is $233.  I am not sure if it is worth $40/room extra or not.  We just need a place to sleep one night pre-cruise.

We’ve stayed at the Riverside the last two times-once in newer section, once in older.  What we really liked was the convenient location.  It has restaurants on site or the Cheesecake Factory is right down the block.  Since it’s on Las Olas there are also lots of restaurants within walking distance.  It’s also on a water taxi stop if you have an extra day there.  

20 hours ago, btregoning said:

I did actually book it because we can cancel up until the 29th of January.  I am the "research til I drop" kind of gal, so I will keep looking.  I heard good things about Riverside, and it is $233.  I am not sure if it is worth $40/room extra or not.  We just need a place to sleep one night pre-cruise.

If you are arriving late and only need a place to sleep the Four Points is fine, within walking distance to some restaurants, and closer to Port Everglades and the airport.  If you are arriving in the afternoon the Riverside is in a much, much better location for exploring, people watching, and dining.

9 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We’ve stayed at the Riverside the last two times-once in newer section, once in older.  What we really liked was the convenient location.  It has restaurants on site or the Cheesecake Factory is right down the block.  Since it’s on Las Olas there are also lots of restaurants within walking distance.  It’s also on a water taxi stop if you have an extra day there.  

Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

If you are arriving late and only need a place to sleep the Four Points is fine, within walking distance to some restaurants, and closer to Port Everglades and the airport.  If you are arriving in the afternoon the Riverside is in a much, much better location for exploring, people watching, and dining.

We actually won't be much closer because it is a new Four Points in Dania Beach, so I don't think we will be near the water or much of anything.

I may check with our travel companions and see if the Riverside would be acceptable to them.  I am not sure of travel times yet.  SWA doesn't have a schedule that far out yet.

• Like 1