Drink Menu with prices

luvtocook

22 minutes ago, luvtocook said:

Does anyone have a drink menu with prices that they can share?  We are trying to see what kinds of wines cost what and trying to make a decision on which Bev Pkg we want to buy.

I emailed Windstar a few weeks ago and this is what they provided for the Star Pride. Hope the link works. I am tech challenged. 

Bar Menu Final MAY 2018.pdf

• Like 2

There will also be a "drink of the day" which is generally some type of tropical rum drink and always local beer is added depending on location.  We've done this itinerary before and it is lovely.  We don't buy the alcohol package; way too much for us.  You can buy a bottle of wine in the dining room, drink a bit, and they will hold the rest for you to drink another night.  Very civilized!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luvtocook said:

It worked perfectly, thank you!!!!

You are very welcome.  Glad I could help!  I did the calculations and figured that for the Captains package, you would have to drink around 5- 6 drinks per day. (please correct me if I am wrong)  That seems like a lot of drinks.  My husband does like to drink, but we will be in port everyday and I doubt he could drink all of those in one evening. (Might cause a Man Overboard situation) .  And he said he wouldn't want to feel like he needed do drink that much just to get his money's worth.  So, I guess we will pay per drink.  He might go over a day or two for what the package would include, but most days there is  probably no way he could drink that much. 

We are wine drinkers with an occasional cocktail now and then but we can have several glasses of wine during the course of a day and evening so the pkg might work for us😃  We are planning one all day excursion, but for the rest of the ports planning to either stay on board or just go walk around for an hour or so.  We have been to many of these ports before.

3 minutes ago, luvtocook said:

We are wine drinkers with an occasional cocktail now and then but we can have several glasses of wine during the course of a day and evening so the pkg might work for us😃  We are planning one all day excursion, but for the rest of the ports planning to either stay on board or just go walk around for an hour or so.  We have been to many of these ports before.

I DO like my wine also. We are a party of 4  (3 drinkers) and we can bring 4 bottles of wine onboard, so I am trying to factor this in to our consumption too. We would probably drink this in our suite while we are relaxing before dinner.    This is our first time to these ports, so I am thinking we will make the most out of it.  But I guess we have a few days to decide if the package makes sense for us.  

I don't know if we will bring any wine on board or not, depends if we find a liquor store close to the hotel or port.  Looking at the wine list, the glass price of $11.50 for the Chardonnay we would drink can add up to $59 pretty quickly. I could drink 2 glass during lunch and easily 3 during and after dinner.  Might be cost effective after all😂

We did the drink package last summer, and I think it was well worth it.

Daily we had a glass of wine at lunch (or two)

Champagne at sail away (or two)

Dinner 2-3 glasses of wine

Hanging out in the Compass Rose after dinner one or two more.

The wine list does change onboard too- we ran them out of a few wines but they substituted the next wine up the list.

We got a lot of use out of the Captains drink package and will buy it every time; even for those days spent in port it was worth it for us. Everyones mileage may vary. Couple of glasses of wine with dinner and maybe an espresso martini with dessert. 🙂 A couple of Caribs and grey goose/soda up at the Compass Rose watching the sunset/pre-dinner, nightcaps after dinner in the lounge. The alcohol in the mini-bar is also included in the package and we were able to request Red Stripe beers to be stocked or if you want more or less of certain selections; our room steward helped with this.

Edited by minidonuts85
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

We got a lot of use out of the Captains drink package and will buy it every time; even for those days spent in port it was worth it for us. Everyones mileage may vary. Couple of glasses of wine with dinner and maybe an espresso martini with dessert. 🙂 A couple of Caribs and grey goose/soda up at the Compass Rose watching the sunset/pre-dinner, nightcaps after dinner in the lounge. The alcohol in the mini-bar is also included in the package and we were able to request Red Stripe beers to be stocked or if you want more or less of certain selections; our room steward helped with this.

What kind of bottles of alcohol do they provide in the minibar in the cabins? Are they regular size bottles or airline mini bottles? Thanks.

1 hour ago, wripro said:

What kind of bottles of alcohol do they provide in the minibar in the cabins? Are they regular size bottles or airline mini bottles? Thanks.

Didn't take a pic of the actual list but here's a pic of some of the bottles. Also mini sparkling rose.

IMG_0593.JPG

On our recent Feb cruise on the Wind Surf, this list was pretty much the same but the Mer Soleil White ($11.50), Oberon red ($11.50) and the Hess Select Cab ($9.50) were not available under the package.  This is where I think value is not as good as it used to be:  the drink package price is up ($42 to $49) while the wines included in it have dropped in value (previous package had wines up to $11.50 while there is not one wine above $9.50 under the current package).  Given bottle prices for these wines remain fairly cheap, we may go this route in future cruises and order by the bottle instead and have them keep it for the next day should we not finish it.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, Cometman said:

We did the drink package last summer, and I think it was well worth it.

Daily we had a glass of wine at lunch (or two)

Champagne at sail away (or two)

Dinner 2-3 glasses of wine

Hanging out in the Compass Rose after dinner one or two more.

The wine list does change onboard too- we ran them out of a few wines but they substituted the next wine up the list.

I was looking at the price list for the drink packages and it says: “Package price is per guest per day. The standard 15% beverage service charge is not included. Package prices are inclusive of applicable taxes”.

Does this mean that you are charged upfront (1.15*$49/59 per guest per day)?  Or are you supposed to tip separately every time you order a drink?

4 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

Yes, if you purchase the package, you’ve already paid this charge.  You get no check each time you order a drink.

You will the first day or so but the charges never go through. Then they know you and the beverages just flow and all is well with the world. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, luvtocook said:

I don't know if we will bring any wine on board or not, depends if we find a liquor store close to the hotel or port.  Looking at the wine list, the glass price of $11.50 for the Chardonnay we would drink can add up to $59 pretty quickly. I could drink 2 glass during lunch and easily 3 during and after dinner.  Might be cost effective after all😂

Dont  forget to add the 15%    its  really 59+ 15%= 68