Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BOBBON

Dinner menu in main dinning room

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing the dinner menu for the entire cruise at the beginning of the trip? I will be on the Royal Princess soon and would like to book the specialty restaurants on nights that I don't see anything special on the dinner menu for any given night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon boarding go to the Purser's Desk and they will have copies of all the menus for the cruise for you to review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried that on the Ruby princess and they said they didn't have the menus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't understand why Princess doesn't put the daily menu on the TV. It would be very easy to do and people could check the menu in their cabin rather than gathering in a crowd around the menu posted outside the dining room. It seems so simple and so easy yet they don't post it on the TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had good luck just stopping by the specialty restaurant we want on embarkation afternoon or calling the dine line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks   I haven't they'd the maitre'd yet. The menu on the tv is a great idea to.It would also good if you could post the times available in the specialty restaurants on the tv instead of waiting on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be AWESOME is to just put it on the Princess at Sea app. That way, you check you app and it IS LISTED!! Then you can easily go and figure out what you want to eat. I went down to dining rooms and they would never have the dinner menu out, because it was "too early". I even had a diet restriction and was told I could see the next days menu but no one would ever help me and I eventually gave up asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

I even had a diet restriction and was told I could see the next days menu but no one would ever help me and I eventually gave up asking.

 

Ask when at dinner. They will bring someone over and discuss the next days menu with you. We had a dinner companion who did this. Each night they would bring the next days menu for her to go over and discuss with them.

 

You can also ask on embarkation day. There will be a listing in the Patter for a time when you can meet with the Maitre d to discuss dining changes, food issues, etc.

Edited by Thrak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

Ask when at dinner. They will bring someone over and discuss the next days menu with you. We had a dinner companion who did this. Each night they would bring the next days menu for her to go over and discuss with them.

 

You can also ask on embarkation day. There will be a listing in the Patter for a time when you can meet with the Maitre d to discuss dining changes, food issues, etc.



I tried. I even had the little dietary card that stated to bring it to the MDR and I did, gave it to the waiter and gave it back to me. lol I am not sure if it was because I was anytime dining or not. This round we are traditional and going to see if that makes a difference. I am pretty good at searching for things to avoid, but man, it was a little stressful. I do not like to demand any attention, so I just let it go. I was just miffed when we went down to check for the dinner menu and it was not up and there was no rush to let me see it. 

Thanks! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

I tried. I even had the little dietary card that stated to bring it to the MDR and I did, gave it to the waiter and gave it back to me.

 

I hope you mentioned it in your post-cruise survey. I certainly would have and I also would send (nice) email to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com detailing the issue. That is not supposed to happen. I've found that a nicely worded email to that address has always gotten a follow up phone call. It's unfortunate that you likely didn't take the name of the waiter who didn't help you. Some people can die if this isn't handled properly. It seems that isn't the case with you but you are just as important as anybody else who has dietary restrictions.

Edited by Thrak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, Katwoman007 said:



I tried. I even had the little dietary card that stated to bring it to the MDR and I did, gave it to the waiter and gave it back to me. lol I am not sure if it was because I was anytime dining or not. This round we are traditional and going to see if that makes a difference. I am pretty good at searching for things to avoid, but man, it was a little stressful. I do not like to demand any attention, so I just let it go. I was just miffed when we went down to check for the dinner menu and it was not up and there was no rush to let me see it. 

Thanks! 🙂

 

Always speak to the head waiter - not the waiter - about any dietary restrictions. The head waiter will then come to your table each evening for you to order the next day's meals. The waiters are not trained to handle dietary restrictions. Your waiter did not know what he was going. As soon as you said you had a dietary restriction, he should have called the head waiter to speak with you.

 

By speaking to the head waiter the day ahead, you don't have to guess about the ingredients - the head waiter will know. The head waiter will also know what items that you normally cannot eat can be modified to meet your restrictions. Also, if applicable, your food will be prepared separately to avoid any cross contamination issues.

 

If you are in traditional dining, then your waiter will know that you are ordering from the head waiter. If you are in anytime dining, then you may need to tell him each evening.

 

Although it is a little more convenient in traditional dining, it also works well in anytime dining. For anytime dining, I recommend going to the same dining room each evening so you can talk with the same head waiter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, Thrak said:

 

I hope you mentioned it in your post-cruise survey. I certainly would have and I also would send (nice) email to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com detailing the issue. That is not supposed to happen. I've found that a nicely worded email to that address has always gotten a follow up phone call. It's unfortunate that you likely didn't take the name of the waiter who didn't help you. Some people can die if this isn't handled properly. It seems that isn't the case with you but you are just as important as anybody else who has dietary restrictions.

I don't believe a post-cruise survey would do any good on an issue like this. If you have any issues in the dining room, speak to the headwaiter and speak to him immediately. It doesn't do any good to complain later. The head waiter would much prefer to fix the problem immediately instead of having it continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I don't believe a post-cruise survey would do any good on an issue like this. If you have any issues in the dining room, speak to the headwaiter and speak to him immediately. It doesn't do any good to complain later. The head waiter would much prefer to fix the problem immediately instead of having it continue.

 

I agree it should have been handled that way but, since it wasn't done at the time, I would definitely mention it on the survey and would also send email to customer relations. They do need to know if there are training issues (or attitude issues).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do they post that days menus outside the dining room?  First cruise I have been on that menus are not posted on TV.  We also want to book specialty dining.  Anyone have luck booking into a specialty restaurant the day of?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

When do they post that days menus outside the dining room?  First cruise I have been on that menus are not posted on TV.  We also want to book specialty dining.  Anyone have luck booking into a specialty restaurant the day of?  

They post the lunch menu outside the dining room used for lunch until lunch is over. Then they post the dinner menu.

 

They post the dinner menu outside the dining room not used for lunch in the morning.

 

The head waiter will be able to show you menus for future days if you ask. I usually check before booking a specialty restaurant, (unless I'm in a suite booking the first night).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...