Latest Disembarkation Time and Tours in Puerto Rico for Late Flight Home Travel

amevola

Good morning,

Next January, we will be sailing on Celebrity Summit round trip from San Juan.  Our flight home is at 5:40pm.

First, how late can we disembark?  We have gone with the flow of rooms before now due to earlier flights so I am not sure how late flights can change things.

Second, are there tour companies that cater to disembarkation day passengers?  I have seen one tour operator recommended, but he seems to do full day excursions for those who are in port for a whole day.

Thanks for any advice and for anything someone would like to add.

Edited by amevola
clarification of time/grammar

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:54 AM, amevola said:

Good morning,

Next January, we will be sailing on Celebrity Summit round trip from San Juan.  Our flight home is at 5:40pm.

First, how late can we disembark?  We have gone with the flow of rooms before now due to earlier flights so I am not sure how late flights can change things.

Second, are there tour companies that cater to disembarkation day passengers?  I have seen one tour operator recommended, but he seems to do full day excursions for those who are in port for a whole day.

You could take a taxi into OSJ and have your luggage stored at Barrichina (for free) and then explore OSJ and the forts. I know I had a 4:30 pm flight in December and decided to do the ship tour to El Yunque with airport drop-off. It was a good tour (I had a lot of OBC to use) and someone was at the airport with your luggage so it was secure until you got there.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 8:54 AM, amevola said:

Good morning,

I have heard of Ellis but never used him.  I used Island marketing and had a great experience.  If you like walking around and just spending time in an old interesting city, then what  snyniew suggestion is good too.  I did that alot in Old San Juan,
all that said if you have that much time go to the beach, buy a beach package and enjoy your last day relaxing a little before heading out back home. Only 5-10 minute taxi ride.

• Thanks 1

My wife and I just spend some time in San Juan last week and got to know a great couple that owns their own tour company. It is called "Seeing Puerto Rico" and their names are Narayan and Lismar. They made us feel like family the minute that they picked us up. They showed us many things about the island as well as their culture. They spoke very good English and even interpreted for us in a few cases where we didn't understand the Spanish speaking vendors. We had a wonderful time seeing Puerto Rico. Narayan and Lismar know every part of the island and can tailor your tour to see whatever you want. They can do simple walking tours with you in San Juan to more elaborate tours to see the island, making sure you have a good time and get back to catch your plane on time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Super Curly said:

Our ship doesn't seem to offer a rainforest excursion with airport drop off. Do any of the tour companies offer this?

My tour was with an airport drop off with my luggage,