Waitlist success rate?

newtocruise_rj

Just curious as to how many people who have been waitlisted for excursions have then been given a place on that excursion? I know last cruise we booked on the waitlist and then were given a place on the excursion a few days later but wondered if we were just lucky or if P&O do really try to accommodate those on the waitlist. 

Each time we have been on a waitlist we have been lucky.I suspect that P and O wait until there are enough people to make an extra coach viable because some excursions show sold out where they can t offer an extra coach or similar

We have been lucky and got places from a waiting list when booking ahead of the cruise. I think they know they will sell a few more seats during the cruise to fill a coach.

It is usually more likely where the trip is just a coach and site seeing. Places are more likely to be limited if you are going on another form of transport eg a boat or the little trains or visiting somewhere with limited space or capacity.

I get the impression that P&O do try to accommodate customers when they can.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Hit save too soon

At some of the smaller places, it may depend on whether it's possible to find another qualified guide who's available. I'm thinking of places like Torshavn in the Faroes and Sarande in Albania.

I've been lucky 2 or 3 times usually where it's a popular place and extra coaches are available ( and Guides!) The one time I was not lucky was in Iceland (Isofjordur) which is tiny.