Club Orange is Excellent

NanaBnana

40 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

The roped off area offers NS peeps tables, chairs, probably tablecloths, servers, and the same food they'd get in Pinnacle for breakfast,  just for them and their CO buds.  

And, just all the noise of the MDR with tables so close one can easily reach the salt and pepper on the next table.  It isn't the tables, chairs, tablecloths, servers, and the food.  If CO becomes just a devalued roped off area, we won't be dining there.

22 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

And, just all the noise of the MDR with tables so close one can easily reach the salt and pepper on the next table.  It isn't the tables, chairs, tablecloths, servers, and the food.  If CO becomes just a devalued roped off area, we won't be dining there.

Compared to having a separate room as on K and NS, I agree that a roped off section of the MDR  doesn't measure up for the reasons you give. Although I didn't care for the "glass box," there was more room between tables and it wasn't as noisy as some of the central areas of the K's MDR. 

Although I was in a NS, I opted out of CO and chose to have dinner in the MDR because traveling solo I preferred fixed dining at a large table. Nobody else at the table was in a NS. From conversations, I gathered that one was in an inside and others were in verandas. So what? I don't think the main appeal of CO or a NS is being able to avoid being with "lesser" passengers. CO is about a better dining experience and a few other perks, and for me at least, the NS is about real estate. 

1 hour ago, qoap24 said:

Can anyone tell me how the Gala night was in CO? Dressed up more than normal nights?

I would say about the same as other nights (smart casual) with an edge going a bit dressier to fully formal and decked out on the gala nights. Probably the same ratio of attire you would see in the MDR or a specialty for a gala night.            

2 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

I would say about the same as other nights (smart casual) with an edge going a bit dressier to fully formal and decked out on the gala nights. Probably the same ratio of attire you would see in the MDR or a specialty for a gala night.            

Thank you. I wouldn't want to show up under dressed.

Your welcome! I post this photo to only show how dressed up we will ever be regardless of venue or gala nights for dinner on warm weather cruises on HAL and recent CO/Specialty/MDR or Lido. Beach vendor bought travel jewelry that wont break my heart if it blows apart at dinner or I lose it 🙂 (wedding rings/watches either left at home or in the safe when onshore)  We were comfortable right in the middle of the gorgeous dresses, suits/ties carefully planned and packed by some and also with the folks that literally chose not to dress at all. Darker colors/sleeves for me and only a dinner jacket for hubs when in cooler sailing.  Hope this helps as I struggled mightily and worried too about us trying to find the fit between being under dressed and over packed.     

160873903_SueJimLuxparty(2).jpg.5c1e7caae30ff4f3bc2ad394db69f1b0.jpg      

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

Your welcome! I post this photo to only show how dressed up we will ever be regardless of venue or gala nights for dinner on warm weather cruises on HAL and recent CO/Specialty/MDR or Lido. Beach vendor bought travel jewelry that wont break my heart if it blows apart at dinner or I lose it 🙂 (wedding rings/watches either left at home or in the safe when onshore)  We were comfortable right in the middle of the gorgeous dresses, suits/ties carefully planned and packed by some and also with the folks that literally chose not to dress at all. Darker colors/sleeves for me and only a dinner jacket for hubs when in cooler sailing.  Hope this helps as I struggled mightily and worried too about us trying to find the fit between being under dressed and over packed.     

160873903_SueJimLuxparty(2).jpg.5c1e7caae30ff4f3bc2ad394db69f1b0.jpg      

Thank you! Very nice looking couple you two are. 

Celebrity installed Blu on the older M class ships by adding wall panels and updating the port side entrance to the MDR on deck 5 along with dew decor and chairs.  They repeated the process when they installed Luminae on deck 4 of the M-class ships.  We were onboard Infinity when Luminae was installed in 28 days on a South America B2B.  Work was done when the MDR was closed.  The ship was not at 100% capacity so there was room available.   As far as taking away space, the tables may be a bit closer, but those who now eat in Blu and Luminae were eating in the MDR before.  All the S class ships were built with Blu on deck 5, but Luminae was carved from the MDR.  For most, he main attraction of Aqua Class is Blu.  Suites have far more benefits on Celebrity than HAL and the price is higher. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, NanaBnana said:

We are currently on the Nieuw Statendam in a Neptune Suite and have had dinner and breakfast in Club Orange.  It was 75% filled for breakfast and 50% for dinner.  Our meals were cooked in the open kitchen by Chef Nella.  Both meals were perfect!  There is one dedicated wine steward, one dining captain and several servers that take efficient and excellent care of all the diners in a team fashion.  Jazz music playing for both meals was nice; the chairs are comfortable and spacious; tablecloths for dinner only.  I like the space and the less hectic pace of the dining room.  My only issue is the lighting could be softer especially in the evening.  Overall it feels modern, personal and fresh.  I am glad that Club Orange is available to suite passengers.

You are so right.  We enjoyed Club Orange last Christmas, and are going again for a 10-day Med Cruise in August.  When we went into Club Orange in the evening, I always insisted they put me in a darker spot!  I mean seriously who wants to sit under bright lighting for a relaxing meal?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, RocketMan275 said:

PROBABly  able cloths??   Huh?

I  have never had a meal in MDR when the talbe was not   set with a whtie tablecloth.

image.png.4073b291bfc206ab48d9c6cbc922eb48.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

17 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

PROBABly  able cloths??   Huh?

I  have never had a meal in MDR when the talbe was not   set with a whtie tablecloth.

image.png.4073b291bfc206ab48d9c6cbc922eb48.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

On 4/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, RocketMan275 said:

On 4/21/2019 at 5:24 PM, slidergirl said:

The roped off area offers NS peeps tables, chairs, probably tablecloths, servers, and the same food they'd get in Pinnacle for breakfast,  just for them and their CO buds.  

If my roped off area had the basics of a"cabana" - shade, a lounger, and a pool boy - , I'm OK.  I have no driving need/desire to be separated from everyone in a special area.  My cocoon as described would be fine.

Seven Seas, 

As you can see above, Slider Girl was the one who mentioned the "probably tablecloths".  I really don't care whether CO has tablecloths, probable or not.  I simply do not find a roped off area of the MDR attractive.   

17 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Seven Seas, 

As you can see above, Slider Girl was the one who mentioned the "probably tablecloths".  I really don't care whether CO has tablecloths, probable or not.  I simply do not find a roped off area of the MDR attractive.   

Yes, it was me.  I was trying to come up with possible ways to distinguish the elite from the masses when they had to share the same location.  Since I never do breakfast in the MDR, I have no idea what it looks like.  Could be a similar type of set up if they roped off a portion of the buffet, a la Canaletto, for the morning.  I was just tossing out ideas.

According to reports it isn't a roped off area in MDR.  It is just "preferred seating" in MDR.  

Supposedly the MDR menu will be in a different (likely orange) cover.  Dinner will again be "priority seating" with one daily special added to the "Orange" menus.

I'm guessing they will just hold a group of tables for Club Orange and NS passengers.

Not sure why priority seating is a "benefit" for NS and PS passengers- I thought it was always that way for NS or PS.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, puppycanducruise said:

Thanks for posting your comments.

Glad you are enjoying Club Orange.

I TOTALLY disagree.  As a Neptune Suite guest one of the nicest perks was having a quiet breakfast (just for suite guests) in the Pinnacle dining room.  Now we have to eat in Club Orange -- a very casual cafe built where another restaurant flopped.  And now others who pay for "Club Orange" are added to the mix.   As a 4-Star Mariner I am not pleased with this change.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:26 PM, newbe4 said:

We were on the Nieuw Statendam last week in a Neptune Suite.  We LOVED Club Orange. We ate there for breakfast twice and dinner four times. I am working on posting an extensive review right now.  Enjoy the rest of your trip.

We DID NOT like Club Orange at all.  We pay extra money for a Neptune Suite and so enjoyed are breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grille.  This cafe is far inferior.   

On 7/9/2019 at 6:50 PM, Lindancer said:

You are so right.  We enjoyed Club Orange last Christmas, and are going again for a 10-day Med Cruise in August.  When we went into Club Orange in the evening, I always insisted they put me in a darker spot!  I mean seriously who wants to sit under bright lighting for a relaxing meal?

Spot on.  I have an issue with some overhead lighting, especially if it is very white and light.

It is not flattering nor forgiving (to us women of a certain age).🙄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think what is "taken away" is more about real estate than service. The effect will depend on where they choose to put CO. My guess is it will be in a space with a maximum of window tables. And how many tables will they take? If they take too many, the tables could sit empty while fewer tables are available to people not in CO. If they take too few, people who paid $50 pp may not think it's worth the cost if they have to wait for a table just as they would in the MDR. 

CO is more than the dining option. There's priority embarkation and priority tendering. My cruise had only HMC as a tender port, so that wouldn't have been important to me. But if it's an itinerary with a lot of tender ports, that increases the value of CO. There's a priority line at the shorex desk, but I didn't check that out. I did stand on the "special" mat at the CO line at the front desk. I wasn't in a hurry, but nobody was there and I was curious about what would happen (I was in a NS, not CO, but NS get CO "privileges.") Not much priority there. Instead of being taken by the next available person, I had to stand until the person directly in front of me was free. With my luck, the person at her "station" was taking ages, and people in the general line were getting served before I was. I am NOT complaining like some Entitled Person. Just commenting on a CO perk that didn't seem like much of a perk. 

As for things being taken away from suite guests, the only big thing is the Pinnacle breakfast. I like the ambiance of the Pinnacle better. Others don't like that ambiance and were happier in CO. So that's a matter of taste. A few more people will get priority embarkation and tendering.  One poster was offended that someone in just any cabin can "buy in" to what NS/PS guests get as part of the suite. It's true that $1000 for a couple on a 10-day cruise is far less than the difference between the price of an Inside and a NS, but if that's how someone wants to spend their holiday budget, I'm not offended. It's like the retreat. Some people buy in Inside and then get a cabana. That's cheaper than getting a large private balcony by booking a NS or PS. It's all about options and how much money HAL can make by selling them.

Different things appeal to passengers. I’ve booked inside cabin, outside cabin, balcony and suites for different cruises and different cruise lines.  I was new to cruising in 1991 and wanted to sample the options. I take my family on some holiday cruises and for Thanksgiving 2019, we booked balconies, added Club Orange at a special offer price 2 weeks before sailing.  We will try it to see if it adds value. My favorite thing they over is priority for tenders, and concierge access. I have a couple of family members who are elderly and a couple who are just impatient.  Anything that will make it easier for them would be great. 

We are currently on board the NS and have tried the Club Orange for breakfast three days.  First day service was spot on.  Second day it was slow and difficult to get refills.  This morning the speed of the food coming out was good, although toast came when we were nearly done.  Also hard to get coffee refills.  Good thing we got it as a suite perk.  I’d be very upset if I paid extra for this perk.

1 hour ago, Caymus88 said:

How much is CO on a 7 day cruise.  I really only want priority check in. Spouse doesn’t wait well and can’t stand for long periods

The "list price" is $35 per person per day on K and NS. All other ships, it's $25 pp pd. Sometimes HAL will offer lower rates. 

I can't see that being worth it for priority check in, especially as in most HAL ports you would go through the same security line as all passengers, and only get priority for check-in and boarding. 

Simple solution for impatience is to go to the ship later, say 1:00 or 2:00. Many people have reported no waiting at all at those times. 

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The "list price" is $35 per person per day on K and NS. All other ships, it's $25 pp pd. Sometimes HAL will offer lower rates. 

I can't see that being worth it for priority check in, especially as in most HAL ports you would go through the same security line as all passengers, and only get priority for check-in and boarding. 

Simple solution for impatience is to go to the ship later, say 1:00 or 2:00. Many people have reported no waiting at all at those times. 

We got offered CO for $15/pp/pd on our Sept  cruise on the Amsterdam - we did not take it as the upgrade would not do us any good and we already had priority boarding being 4 Star.  Reports were that few people took the deal and that the meals were nothing different in the MDR (mixed in with others) except for one additional item at dinner.

As to priority boarding - HAL has gotten much better at processing people (IMO), so the lines do not seem as bad, especially if you go early (11 am).  The priority line sometimes is longer than the regular one!

Also a good point that no priority for security line.

2 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We got offered CO for $15/pp/pd on our Sept  cruise on the Amsterdam - we did not take it as the upgrade would not do us any good and we already had priority boarding being 4 Star.  Reports were that few people took the deal and that the meals were nothing different in the MDR (mixed in with others) except for one additional item at dinner.

As to priority boarding - HAL has gotten much better at processing people (IMO), so the lines do not seem as bad, especially if you go early (11 am).  The priority line sometimes is longer than the regular one!

Also a good point that no priority for security line.

Check in is usually fairly painless. Security is the annoying line. I always manage to get in line behind the guy in cargo pants with something metallic (and forgotten) in every pocket!