Norwegian Bliss Freestyle Dining

Jthomasou

So first of all I will preface this by saying I messed up. 

We leave on the Bliss next Saturday. I turned to cruise prep this weekend and all the specialty dining is booked all week (unless you go after 9). Some nights the regular dining room is booked.  Will any of this free up during the week?  

They don't open up all reservations online, so there are still time slots open. If you have specific restaurants or specific times you want to go to a specialty restaurant, then as NLH Arizona said, you will want to make reservations as soon as you can once you're on your ship. 

I haven't done too many specialty restaurants, but I've never had trouble calling a restaurant I want to eat at that same evening and getting in with either a small wait or seated immediately, sometimes that was with large groups too. That was on the Epic, so I don't know if the Bliss is any different. But, my method of calling that night isn't guaranteed, so you have to weigh if you're fine with potentially missing out or if you'd rather try and getting reservations once on board.

Edited by zactak

52 minutes ago, Jthomasou said:

So first of all I will preface this by saying I messed up. 

We leave on the Bliss next Saturday. I turned to cruise prep this weekend and all the specialty dining is booked all week (unless you go after 9). Some nights the regular dining room is booked.  Will any of this free up during the week?  

When you embark, go to The Social on Deck 6 mid to make reservations. 

But, you need to make this a priority. On our Bliss cruise, Cagney’s was sold out for the entire cruise by 1 pm on embarkation day. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:50 PM, bambione said:

Once you get on board is it possible to just make the reservation on the app rather than hoofing it to the restaurant reservations deck? 

Thanks

Yes or use the touch screens onboard. You can also reserve at any restaurant podium during the week. 

Edited by Nola26

On 3/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, Nola26 said:

Yes or use the touch screens onboard. You can also reserve at any restaurant podium during the week. 

The touch screens are easy to use for booking restaurants and most entertainment.  For the MDRs you don't need a reservation unless you are a large group.  Just walk up to any of them.  Only saw lines at Manhattan, but Savor & Taste were easy to get into.  

We just returned from the Bliss a few days ago.  On boarding day, they were set up in Teppanyaki with several hostess stations that you could book all of your restaurants at.  I had pre-booked some, but needed to make some changes so I had to do those with a person at a restaurant podium.