Yokohama Pier

robcruz

We are on the Westerdam arriving in Yokohama on Mar. 31. Holland America changed the arrival pier from Dusanbashi pier to Yamashita pier. We have a pre-arranged taxi to take me to Tokyo. My problem is whether the taxi should wait at the Yamashita pier which doesn't seem to have immigration facilities or at the regular cruise terminal at Dusanbashi pier. HA was pretty clueless.

Does anyone know if Yamashita pier have any immigration facilities for cruise passengers?

Thank you for your help.

34 minutes ago, robcruz said:

We are on the Westerdam arriving in Yokohama on Mar. 31. Holland America changed the arrival pier from Dusanbashi pier to Yamashita pier. We have a pre-arranged taxi to take me to Tokyo. My problem is whether the taxi should wait at the Yamashita pier which doesn't seem to have immigration facilities or at the regular cruise terminal at Dusanbashi pier. HA was pretty clueless.

Does anyone know if Yamashita pier have any immigration facilities for cruise passengers?

Thank you for your help.

Sorry, that should be Osanbashi pier

Yokohama Ports would have changed the pier not HAL.

Trying to get information online from Japan regarding cruise ship berthing is not possible.

Yamashita Pier has 10 berths & seems to be used for warehousing.

Unless Westerdam is visible on the northern side it's unlikely the taxi driver will know where to go.

Japan immigration & customs are going to have the usual set up - only in a warehouse. 

• Thanks 1

Are you saying you are now docking at Osanbashi pier or Yamashita pier?  Osanbashi pier is very well set up.   We have been on the diamond princess on 3 cruises around Japan. Immigration etc is very well run, we were in our cabin within 15 mins of getting out of the taxi, though we did have priority boarding.   It has a coffee shop, good seating and quite a bit of tourist info including hiring of portable wifi and info from cruise port navigation about personal tours at various ports of Japan.  

Taxi and shuttle drivers will know the Osanbashi pier.

I cant answer about Yamashita as we will be boarding there on 5 May for the first time.

Edited by Tara Jane

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, robcruz said:

Thank you for your help.

You should be aware that Japan Immigration Officials typically hold face to face immigration procedures for disembarking passengers onboard the ship. It doesn't matter where the ship docks. You will be going through immigration in the show lounge.

I am on the same cruise and posted a similar msg on the HAL board. There is a customs and immigration at Yamashita Pier. My question is if they allow walk ins to the pier. Some industrial ports do not. We will be within walking distance.

Hi BruceMuzz

Do you know which is the closest station to the Yamashita Pier?   Is it walkable to the ship and are taxis available to take us right up to the boarding area?   We are a group of 6 oldies and 2 use walking sticks so not all that agile.  We are familiar with Osanbashi but apparently our next cruise leaves from Yamashita.

Osanbashi Terminal is closest to Nihon-Odori station on the Minato-Mirai Line.

Yamashita Pier is closest to the next and final stop on the same line; Motomachi-Chukagai.

This is also the stop for Yokohama's Chinatown.

Motomachi-Chukagai station to the Yamashita Pier is just a bit further than walking from Nihon-Odori Station to Osanbashi Terminal.

There are always taxis available.

Edited by BruceMuzz

We are on the same cruise.  I just received this message:

"As a reminder, embarkation for your Westerdam cruise on Sunday, 31 March 2019,
will be at Yamashita Pier. Yamashita pier is located at the Port of Yokohama,
about 90 minutes from Narita Airport and 30 minutes from Haneda Airport. Guests
with Holland America Transfers will be taken directly to the pier. If you have
independent arrangements, please note the below directions to Yamashita Pier.
- By taxi or private transfer: The entrance to the pier is through Yamashita
Park. Port security will be at the entrance gate to direct your transportation
to the embarkation hall.
- By train: Use the Minato-Mirai line to exit No. 1 or Exit No. 4 at
Motomachi-Chukagai Station. Walk toward Yamashita Park to the pier entrance
gate. Shuttle buses will be provided to take you and your luggage from the
entrance gate to the embarkation hall. We look forward to welcoming you aboard."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...