Is Princess trying to train us not to use room service?

Loreni

7 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We had a mini on the CB in November and all the furniture was still in the cabin.  We almost always have breakfast in the cabin pre-ordering it the night before.  With only one chair now at least before they remove the desk chair as well means we will have to bring in one of the balcony chairs to eat breakfast in our laps.  We almost never use the foot stools on the balcony.  So is Princess encouraging us to go to another cruise line?

As noted in all the threads about  this, they're not removing any furniture from minis and above. Just balcony and below.  In a mini, going still have the large sofa, etc. 

From the theme of this thread, I think Princess has us trained to book mini suites on Grand Class ships and deluxe balconies or mini suites on the Royal class ships to be able to sit on the love seat /sofa in the cabin.

We usually order room service breakfast to leisurely begin our day. The sofa - coffee table or the balcony chairs- table set up work nicely for us.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, Loreni said:

Not long ago, Princess tried to charge for room service.  This would certainly decrease demand.  There was a passenger revolt, and Princess removed the fee.

You mean in 2014, when Regal Princess entered service?

If Princess starts charging for room service, I am jumping ship.  Please please Princess.  Don't get any ideas.  We love room service.  After a long day of enjoying oneself, so nice to order a cup of tea and cookies and sit and watch the Love Boat reruns.  !!!!  Please Princess don't turn into Royal Caribbean. However, I do love my free 3 drinks per day on RCCL but I hate that I can't order my tea and have to resort to going to Sorrentos or International Cafe or whatever it is called on those RCCL ships for tea in my PJs.  

On 3/5/2019 at 1:23 AM, satxdiver said:

We had a mini on the CB in November and all the furniture was still in the cabin.  We almost always have breakfast in the cabin pre-ordering it the night before.  With only one chair now at least before they remove the desk chair as well means we will have to bring in one of the balcony chairs to eat breakfast in our laps.  We almost never use the foot stools on the balcony.  So is Princess encouraging us to go to another cruise line?

I think the chairs are disappearing from balcony and lower ... staying put in minis and suites.

• Like 1