Sky Suite?

charlielinda

We haven’t sailed in a suite for years — well before the Michael’s Club and Luminae.  I just sprugled for DH retirement for our April TA to a suite guanantee.  I’m assuming we will have a Sky Suite.  

Some posts say we can have at Luminae on boarding day and others say no — wondering which.  Is Michaels open on boarding day?  Can you stop in during the day for a glass of wine?   Are you able to take wine out in the evening?   Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.  

It is "yes" for lunch at Luminae on birding. Michaels club will be open when you board and you can drop in for drinks any time during the day and fairly  late into the evening. You will be really spoiled  with the suite life.

Luminae is definitely open for lunch on boarding day. The opening time can vary. Most of the time they start service at noon but sometimes earlier at 11:30 and sometimes a little later than 12 (based on my own cruise experiences), so if they are not open yet when you get on the ship you can relax and wait in Michael's Lounge/The Retreat Lounge.

From what I have read on these forums TA don’t offer any perks like other cruises.     That alone makes the drinks in Michael’s worth the cost of a suite.  That also makes it good and bad.  With the free drinks there for suite guests the place is always packed.   

They usually don’t enforce the drink rule of not taking drinks out of Michael’s but on TAs it may be different.  

And I am sure that they appreciate tips. 💵

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

13 minutes ago, miched said:

From what I have read on these forums TA don’t offer any perks like other cruises.     That alone makes the drinks in Michael’s worth the cost of a suite.  That also makes it good and bad.  With the free drinks there for suite guests the place is always packed.   

They usually don’t enforce the drink rule of not taking drinks out of Michael’s but on TAs it may be different.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Generally true but was looking last night at a Summit B2B TransAtlantic in July 2020.   It isn't classified as a "Repositioning Cruise" and has all 4 perks for suites.   I think that would be a great B2B

Jim, yes initially there were no perks, then late in December they added the perks.  The dates are actually 8/2/2020 eastbound and 8/16/2020.   They seem to have a premium on this itinerary and I think they have perks to try to keep the prices propped up.  There more than a few of us on the roll calls who are booked B2B.  Just realize that eastbound sails from Bayonne and westbound ends in Boston.

Loved suite perks on celebrity my first celebrity cruise in sky suite was also before micheals and luminae, really enjoyed them on our cruise last March . We normally left micheals with a drink in hand along with a bottle of water . 

• Like 1

When you board, go to Michael's lounge.  You can leave your carry on there when you go for lunch.  After lunch, return to Michaels lounge and wait for your cabin to be ready.  The suite life is the best.

Rollie

We were on the solstice from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii this last fall, went immediately to Luminae for lunch with carry-on’s, 2:00, good burger (hint, that thing was huge, split it, great flavor), nice lunch menu, good selection.  Not so impressed with evening food in Luminae, well prepared just not an experience we would do again, sorry,  honestly I like Blu better when we sailed in Aqua.

Michaels Club a nice before dinner choice, was never asked for cruise card,  good choice of snacks.  One evening a Scotch tasting for all present in Michaels.  Enjoy your cruise.

Mark

On 3/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Have been on 4 TA's and the only time we've found Michael's busy is just before dinner.  It's a great venue and have never had a problem taking a glass of wine with us when we leave.