Fort Lauderdale - Pre cruise boat tours ?

voljeep

so, just added a 2nd day to our pre-cruise stay at the Embassy Suites

now looking for recommendations for a couple hour boat tour that takes you

on a relaxing tour to see some of the sights / waterfront homes of the rich and

famous ... thanks

There are 3 options that I know of:

• The water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) which is both a tour (Captain narrates so the quality can vary) and transportation
  • The Jungle Queen (www.junglequeen.com) leaves from the beach area (across from the B Ocean Hotel) and offers 90 minute sightseeing cruises and an evening cruise that includes dinner and a show.
  • The Carrie B (www.carriebcruises.com) leaves from Las Olas Blvd area (near the Riverside Hotel) and offers 90 minute morning and afternoon sightseeing cruises.

We've taken various visitors on all of them (except the Jungle Queen evening cruise) and everyone has enjoyed the sightseeing. For more info on Fort Lauderdale attractions check out www.sunny.org.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We do the Jungle Queen once a year with my real estate office and while it is a lot of fun, the captain screws up who owns the houses on the route.  One is my girlfriends current house and another's former home they attributed to someone out of left field owning.  Or the Huizenga's own them.

I'm partial to the water taxi for multiple reasons.  One is that they featured my family in their social media.  However I like that I can get off where I want and I'm not limited to choices for dinner..  I love Flip Flops, Shooters, 15th Street, Margaritaville, etc.

Whatever one you pick, make sure you stay on the boat after dark.  The prettiest views are at night.

• Thanks 1