Just back from 36 days Seabourn Sojourn and looking forward to Europa 2!

MsSommelier

We traveled regularly on SB but hadn't been on her for about 2 years (other itineraries on other ships appealed more).  Just got back from SIN-CPT on Sojourn, and all I can say is:  boy, am I looking forward to our Jan 2020 cruise with Europa 2!

The only thing really 5 star was the service (well, except for head sommelier and the somm in The Grill, who were not at all good) and Sojourn really looks tired.  The food has gone downhill,  especially seemed to suffer on the second segment (Seychelles to CPT), which repeated the menus exactly (so I could compare). They ran out of a lot of things because of a problem getting a container (they said).  A couple more examples: Many times it was 1 to 1-1/2 hours between 2nd course and main course in the MDR and when the food came, the sauces were all coagulated and lukewarm, like they had been sitting under a lamp waiting for the main piece of meat/fish/poultry.  The so called Miso soup had no miso whatsoever - it was brown and murky with green vermicelli noodles and carrot pieces.  When I asked the waiter about it, he said "the chefs must follow the recipes from corporate exactly so you might want to write to corporate".

We did meet some wonderful people (as always on SB) but after this experience, I can hardly wait to get on Europa 2!

• 3 weeks later...

EV,

it was my 3rd cruise on O all on Riviera and all in Caribbean  - annual cheaper cruise as the 2 europa sisters are far away in hot areas

there are good aspects also some not so good items

the food is good despite the 3 same cold cuts  and the same 3 cheeses for breakfast

there is no fresh orange juice despite there is a raw vegan bar during breakfast hours - i did receive a NO for a fresh juice

the bar service is also good providing you do like cocktails  esp the martinis ( not the vermouth brand )

not so pleasant . rather poor wines at very heavy prices + 18 % service on it  and in miami 7 % local tax

recently oceania did change the house champagne  . it is now Germain ( not so good but that is my opinion ) 16 dollar for a glass or 72 a bottle

it is the only champagne available by the glass and it is included in the big beverage package

pax must leave the cabins on disembarkation day the latest  at 8 am and disembarkation must be completed at 9 am

embarkation does start at 11 am for the higher ph and at 12 for the ph however nearly everybody was allowed around noon