royal falmouth question

mamabearjp

I've noticed in my excursion choices for RC that I can choose just a direct shuttle to Dunns Falls (with no ticket) or I can choose a more expensive excursion that has Dunns Falls (ticket included) and includes a guide. Is it better to do the latter or just go and purchase my own ticket? I was thinking of using shore excusioner and getting our own tickets and tipping a guide? I hear it's super busy and don't want to wait in line to purchase a ticket if I can help it. We did a different excursion last year so I've never been there so any advice appreciated. Thank you! 🙂 

Yes you will wait in a line and its gets very busy with people from the cruise. With or without ticket there will be a guide to help you up the falls, you climb in a chain link with a other people, We try to do our own excursions to avoid the crowd and having to be rushed through a group. You can look into the blue hole falls also its very fun, we used Globe trotter adventure tours in Jamaica excellent service and very reliable. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have you considered going with "Cool Dave".  We just love him.  He made sure we had a super fun day.  He has a nice van and has lots of stories.  We prefer not to ride bid coach buses with crowds of people.  He will make sure you see interesting things along the way and stop for photos wherever you like - much better than being with a crowd.  

Here's my review if you want to consider Dave.

Edited by #1TravelMom
Added link

• 2 months later...

There’s only 2 of us, just me and my husband. I’m hesitant to book as I know he could make so much more with a big group. I’ve put a shout out on our roll call that maybe some more would want to join us. Have any of you gone with just a couple people? 🙂