Azamara Quest update

Tom47

16 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

It’s only a week in dry dock I think. That would be a tall order! But what could they be doing to the walls?

They're replacing the wall coverings that have had a tendency to peel.  Don't know what the new covering is but I believe they have it on Pursuit.

Given the size of bathrooms in the non-suite staterooms there is no way the shower size could be increased.

3 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Bonnie, can you tell me if this means a bigger shower?  Thanks

Hi Tom47, no same shower size. We’re replacing the current shower wall coverings to match the shower panels that were recently installed on Azamara Pursuit.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Tom47, no same shower size. We’re replacing the current shower wall coverings to match the shower panels that were recently installed on Azamara Pursuit.

😞

4 hours ago, helby said:

What happens to the former Shore Excursion and Cruise Again areas on Deck 4 after the move? Curious as I will be on Quest in a few months.

They are putting 6 new cabins on Deck 4 where Shore Excursions is currently, I think.

Phil

Just checked deck plans for Quest on Azamara web site and they are now showing those extra 6 cabins on Deck 4 for 2020/21 although also for 2019? Is this recent information? When is this work due  to be carried out? Journey remains the same at the moment.. L x

Edited by combine
Extra info

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

They are putting 6 new cabins on Deck 4 where Shore Excursions is currently, I think.

That would be consistent with the Pursuit configuration.  Also, the deck 4 future cruise sales area on the other 2 ships is now offices for the HD and FB officers and a hallway on Pursuit.  Since future sales will relocate to the new Den on Quest, ala' Pursuit, I would not be surprised to see that area redeployed as well.

1 hour ago, combine said:

Phil

Just checked deck plans for Quest on Azamara web site and they are now showing those extra 6 cabins on Deck 4 for 2020/21 although also for 2019? Is this recent information? When is this work due  to be carried out? Journey remains the same at the moment.. L x

Hmmm, interesting. You are right. Those cabins appear on 2020/21 plans. Makes sense as it is a great way for them to improve revenue. Just wonder if a week will be long enough to achieve it. The furniture in those cabins would have to be brand new. They canibalised furniture that was in the deck 8 cabins on Pursuit. 

Phil

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Hmmm, interesting. You are right. Those cabins appear on 2020/21 plans. Makes sense as it is a great way for them to improve revenue. Just wonder if a week will be long enough to achieve it. The furniture in those cabins would have to be brand new. They canibalised furniture that was in the deck 8 cabins on Pursuit. 

Phil

The email received from Azamara states that the new oceanview cabins will be put in.

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I don’t get emails from Azamara, but that is an old thorn in my side, hopefully soon to be rectified!

Phil

Hi Phil, Well I am not holding my breath.  Do you have new information or have you just filled in the same forms again ?

Pam 

I have resent an email  to the address Bonnie posted  in response to my posts. Not made any difference yet, it’s the second time I’ve done it, Nicole put it right many times, Sandra tried in August, Patty in November so I doubt it’s a simple fix. However currently Celebrity email me offers almost daily - this started suddenly about a month ago absolutely no idea what’s triggered this 

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

Are they retaining the Sunset Bar on Quest (personally I hope so).....I am hoping that is one area where Pursuit will differ from the other two ships

I agree- let’s hope they keep it. I don’t think the email said anything about it either way (unfortunately I deleted it after I’d read it)

20 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I agree- let’s hope they keep it. I don’t think the email said anything about it either way (unfortunately I deleted it after I’d read it)

A suggestion to you as our esteemed host, whilst so many of us aren't getting emails could you paste these information emails you get into posts here.  That would be such a helpful move for returning travellers who are missing out on information.    Of course, once we all start getting the info you can then drop that help.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

A suggestion to you as our esteemed host, whilst so many of us aren't getting emails could you paste these information emails you get into posts here.  That would be such a helpful move for returning travellers who are missing out on information.    Of course, once we all start getting the info you can then drop that help.  Thanks

Good idea, I will do so. Maybe I should start a new topic headed Azamara emails.

• Thanks 1

I never get emails from Azamara.  I also seldom get any communication with them. I got a package from Az on a Monday. Thought that it might be stuff for my upcoming cruise. No! It was a brochure for 2020 cruises. The brochure is excellent detailing 2020  cruises. No prices listed.  It may be a way to seek interest in future bookings.

On the other hand, I get lots of other cruise lines emails and hard copy brochures.  Oceania sends ads several times each week. They do spike interest and have enticed us to book.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Are they retaining the Sunset Bar on Quest (personally I hope so).....I am hoping that is one area where Pursuit will differ from the other two ships

One vote here for keeping it.  Makes for a nicer ambiance in that very popular area.

• Like 1

I much prefer having the Sunset Verandah Bar as on Journey and Quest.  Not only in terms of having another venue but also it seems logistically drinks service at lunchtime and evening buffets runs much smoother.

• Like 1