Large Balconies

Monica887

What room class typically has the bigger balconies with a lounge chair instead of a regular chair?

I don't care what ship I'm on, where I'm going, how the food is, as long as I can sit on my own balcony in peace for half the day. It's time for me to step up the game and make sure I have a proper lounge chair. What should I be looking for?

Haven has suites with large balconies. You have to go through the ships and look. The best way to find out about cabins is to call and ask agent. Good luck with finding one that know the information. The only large balconies we have found have been suites or Haven. Be advised that forward facing can be too windy to use when ship is at sea.

1 hour ago, travelerpair said:

Haven has suites with large balconies. You have to go through the ships and look. The best way to find out about cabins is to call and ask agent. Good luck with finding one that know the information. The only large balconies we have found have been suites or Haven. Be advised that forward facing can be too windy to use when ship is at sea.

All of the Aft Penthouse suites on the Jewel-class (Jewel, Pearl, & Gem) as well as the Dawn and Star have loungers.  The suites on Deck 10 have deeper balconies than Deck 8 & 9 that allow the loungers to face the rear rather than at an angle.

There is absolutely no need to book a suite if you want a large balcony, especially on the newer ships.

On ships older than the Epic, there are aft balcony rooms which have big balconies, as mentioned above. Do your research before booking though as they do vary from deck to deck.

The newer ships also have those bigger aft balconies but they also have B6 (large balcony) rooms and M6 (mini suite with large balcony). The Epic just has B6's but no M6's.

The balconies on the M6's are huge, and larger than most suites. The B6's are smaller but still very big. In my experience they are not much more expensive than standard rooms, and we usually book these.

Also one to watch out for are the angled balconies on the newer ships. You often have to identify these from the deck plans, but they are the same price as standard rooms. The balconies in these rooms are bigger than standard.

As you can see, finding a room with a big balcony is much easier on the newer ships.