Naples & Sorrento - info needed

bluecruise1

Our cruise stops in Naples and our plan is to go to Sorrento for the day.  Has anyone done this?  What's the best way to get there and back?  What should we make sure to see or do in Sorrento?  We've already done Pompeii, Capri and the Amalfi coast so Sorrento seems like a good idea for us.

10 hours ago, bluecruise1 said:

Our cruise stops in Naples and our plan is to go to Sorrento for the day.  Has anyone done this?  What's the best way to get there and back?  What should we make sure to see or do in Sorrento?  We've already done Pompeii, Capri and the Amalfi coast so Sorrento seems like a good idea for us.

Check replies here:

The easiest and fastest (those two often don't go together) option is to simply walk across the pier and take a ferry to Sorrento.

Ferries depart from Molo Beverello at Naples, which is adjacent to the cruise port.

You don't need to buy tickets in advance, just get over to the ticket office 15 - 30 minutes before departure time.  You can buy your return at the same time, there's no reason not to as there is only one line (Alilauro) that works this route.

The first ferry of the day departs at 9 AM, so I would head over around 8:30, buy the tickets, then stroll around the immediate area and enjoy the view (Castel Nuovo, for example, is right across the street).

This ferry puts you in Sorrento at 9:45 AM.

The afternoon return ferries are at 2 PM and 4:25 PM.

http://www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

The easiest and fastest (those two often don't go together) option is to simply walk across the pier and take a ferry to Sorrento.

Ferries depart from Molo Beverello at Naples, which is adjacent to the cruise port.

You don't need to buy tickets in advance, just get over to the ticket office 15 - 30 minutes before departure time.  You can buy your return at the same time, there's no reason not to as there is only one line (Alilauro) that works this route.

The first ferry of the day departs at 9 AM, so I would head over around 8:30, buy the tickets, then stroll around the immediate area and enjoy the view (Castel Nuovo, for example, is right across the street).

This ferry puts you in Sorrento at 9:45 AM.

The afternoon return ferries are at 2 PM and 4:25 PM.

http://www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe

Thanks for confirming that the ferry was the way to go.  I tried buying tickets in advance (just to confirm the times) but it told me the route wasn't available.  I'm guessing that tickets for July aren't available yet but I got concerned.  I appreciate you and others letting me know that the ferry was the way to go!