Refundable deposit

It used to be that we could choose refundable or nonrefundable up as we started the booking process, then it got moved to the end of the booking process after you had added the guests, now I cannot find that option anymore.  Is there any way to book a cruise with a refundable deposit online?

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

It used to be that we could choose refundable or nonrefundable up as we started the booking process, then it got moved to the end of the booking process after you had added the guests, now I cannot find that option anymore.  Is there any way to book a cruise with a refundable deposit online?

Yes, you have to enter all the guest info and the next page has a checkbox to choose refundable.

Note that if you are booking a Grand Suite or better, all deposits are non-refundable.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, you have to enter all the guest info and the next page has a checkbox to choose refundable.

Note that if you are booking a Grand Suite or better, all deposits are non-refundable.

That is the issue is that now it does not have the box anymore, it only has the box for dining and for tips not for deposit, and I am booking an interior cabin this time.

4 minutes ago, clochette said:

That is the issue is that now it does not have the box anymore, it only has the box for dining and for tips not for deposit, and I am booking an interior cabin this time.

I'd call to book in that case.  Hard to say if this is a new policy, or yet another website glitch.

3 minutes ago, clochette said:

Is the cruise you are booking outside final payment? Is it more than 90 days out?

1 hour ago, AdGuyMG said:

Is the cruise you are booking outside final payment? Is it more than 90 days out?

Booking for 2020 so no issue with dates, just very strange, I was just curious to see if others were having that issue, or just a glitch

3 hours ago, Nemomof3 said:

I booked a Dec 2020 7 night cruise in mid Jan and it was there. Not until the very end on the payment page if I remember correctly.

I just went through the entire process and it is not there.  I love RCCL but boy I hate their website

I've been looking at booking a cruise in March 2020 and no where does it have a non-refundable deposit option. Over the years I  think RC have gone from all bookings being refundable to having the option of refundable/non-refundable and now only non-refundable.  It's like they were transitioning us to get us used to the idea of non-refundable deposits.

If I'm booking a cruise that's not for 6 months or more, I always get a refundable deposit.  I have a very high probability of getting a lower price during that period of time, and I can cancel with no penalty.  

I did this a year ago on multiple cruises, and it took 10 months for one of them to finally go down below the booking price, including obc.  It was 2 days before final payment, too, when a penalty would kick in.

Refundable deposits give me the flexibility we used to have with all RCCL bookings.

Edited by pcur

I just did a couple of mock bookings for 2020 and after entering the names, date of birth, etc as the final step, the next screen gives me an additional add-on amount for refundable (along with dining options and prepaid gratuities).  Not sure why it's not showing up for you.