Cruise Ship/Car Seat

GalwayGirl03

We are flying down and would like to take a car seat for our 2 year old...We are cruising on Royal...will they take the carseat and store it for us somewhere on the ship.  We are in a small inside cabin and won't have room to store it with us.

Thanks!

I had no problem storing Britax Frontier in an inside cabin's closet. 

Good for you for bringing a car seat with you for the 2 yo. It's easier to transport if you put it on a stroller (if you are bringing one) or on a magna cart with bungee cords. Or attach to a carry on bag...

Also, use it on the plane - don't check at gate or with luggage.

Which car seat do you have? Do you have one that you use for travel/secondary seat? Is the 2 yo rear facing or forward facing?

1daa2c7045f4772e756df20629b0410c.jpg

71luZg4hg4L__SL256_.jpg

IMG_1789-225x300.jpg

yR5SF042bJidr5KDllO7Xan2rGj6nW1o_lg.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

Some will simply stick the car seat in the shower, when it's not in use!

might be too wet. I wouldn't. I'd stick it under the desk if it's a smaller convertible and you don't have space for it in the closet, but we traveled with a huge Britax Frontier, so we stored it upright in the closet instead (inside cabins). Cosco Scenera NEXT is much smaller and could fit in tighter spaces.

• 2 weeks later...

Car seat will usually fit in the closet. Or tucked next to the bed. Unfortunately you will have to store it. 

That being said, we left ours at home. We never needed it on the cruise, and we were ok in the airplane without it, because lets be honest, if the plane crashes, the car seat isn't going to make a difference 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, angie7911922 said:

Car seat will usually fit in the closet. Or tucked next to the bed. Unfortunately you will have to store it. 

That being said, we left ours at home. We never needed it on the cruise, and we were ok in the airplane without it, because lets be honest, if the plane crashes, the car seat isn't going to make a difference 🙂

Yeah I need you...we have never taken the carseaf with us before but our last flight from San Juan in December was hell..he wouldn’t sit still and just screamed bc he wanted to climb and walk..so at lest he would be strapped in and secure...it honestly more for our sanity than safety!!

1 minute ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Yeah I need you...we have never taken the carseaf with us before but our last flight from San Juan in December was hell..he wouldn’t sit still and just screamed bc he wanted to climb and walk..so at lest he would be strapped in and secure...it honestly more for our sanity than safety!!

That makes sense. Our one sat really good. The other not as much. One thing that did help was letting him run the airport before we boarded. Good luck on your flight!