Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

@dutch50 We're with you on the Reflection 4/12. I am taking a portable USB charger bank with us so we can charge and use our phones and tablet in bed regardless of whether there is a close plug. Then we will just leave the bank plugged in overnight wherever the plug is. I did buy longer USB cords, though.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

@dutch50 We're with you on the Reflection 4/12. I am taking a portable USB charger bank with us so we can charge and use our phones and tablet in bed regardless of whether there is a close plug. Then we will just leave the bank plugged in overnight wherever the plug is. I did buy longer USB cords, though.

Thanks. I’m looking for a power bank to use for my iPad Pro since the one I use for my phone doesn’t work well on the iPad . I use my tablet during the day to read email and books and post to Facebook so it’s important to me to keep a charge. Good grief, I have way too many electronics and plan to spend more time enjoying the world around me on this cruise. First time my sister and I are doing a cruise together without the husbands and I intend to enjoy our time together!! Look forward to meeting you at the M&G. 😄

5 hours ago, dutch50 said:

Thank you so much for all your time and effort in educating us on the Reflection experience. We will be sailing on April 12 and need some info on charging my iPhone, iPad, kindle fire and Fitbit. On some NCL ships I’m able to use the two bedside lamps as charging ports. Will probably bring something extra, but wondering what’s available in the stateroom. From your posts, I assume the unlimited WiFi is acceptable. Thanks for any input!! 😄

There's nowhere by the bed to charge the electronics and there are only two American and one European outlet at the desk. I always bring a 5 port USB charger made by Lumsing that is not surge protected to charge our phones, Kindles, tablets and Fitbits. It's about the size of a deck of cards and charges the items so efficiently and that I also use it at home. I purchased it on Amazon. I leave it on the desk, pack it in my hand luggage and it's perfectly legal for cruising. There is an outlet in the bathroom on the ceiling above the sink counter, but it is a low voltage outlet for electric shavers or toothbrushes and is not for charging or for hairdryers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mr T thank you so much for the great review.  I am reading this during our 2nd bomb cyclone snow storm and wishing our Jan 2020 cruise was here already.

I liked all the pics of the drinks but I am sad to see that they are not covered in our classic package.  It was a perk we got when we booked.  Are there still lots of great drinks for our package??

You also said OBC is not available for a few says.  What?  On other lines it is immediately on your account.  My husband and I each have $150 as another perk.

One last thing:  how did you handle laundry?

thanks again 

Edited by cheeseclan
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Mr T thank you so much for the great review.  I am reading this during our 2nd bomb cyclone snow storm and wishing our Jan 2020 cruise was here already.

I liked all the pics of the drinks but I am sad to see that they are not covered in our classic package.  It was a perk we got when we booked.  Are there still lots of great drinks for our package??

You also said OBC is not available for a few says.  What?  On other lines it is immediately on your account.  My husband and I each have $150 as another perk.

thanks again 

There is enough available on the Classic to keep you well lubricated!  Don't worry. We rarely look at drink menus, order whatever pops into our heads and it appears in a blink. If there's a difference between what we order and the Classic allowance the bartender/ server will tell you and you pay the difference + 18%. The OBC from travel agents may not show on your tv viewable account  for the first couple of days (it most often shows immediately)  but you can operate normally as if it's there. Once it does, it will appear as a credit and any charges against your account will go towards to credit.  If the OBC comes from X it will show in your account pre-cruise and can be used before you board for things like excursions,  dining, WIFI packages, etc. OBC from X is most often OBC-N, meaning non-refundable and must be used before the end of the cruise or lost. OBC-R comes from your TA and is refundable,  meaning any part of that which is unused will be credited back to your credit card on record or handed to you in cash on the last evening if you wish.  The OBC-N will automatically be used first and doesn't require any action by you.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:22 AM, cheeseclan said:

thanks again 

As mentioned there are plenty of options for the classic package, personally whenever we get the classic perk we always upgrade it to the premium, we just like to enjoy the big martinis and large bottles of sparkling water with dinner, plus you get a better selection of wine so for us it’s worth it, otherwise as mentioned you just pay for the extra above the classic package, but I also like not having to sign for anything as with the premium package, 

regarding the OBC what I was saying was in the past some of it only showed day 2/3 but o this cruise it showed straight away 👍🏼 Both celebrities & agents, 

As for laundry we are both elite so we get a bag of laundry free so for us that works great, 

Edited by MR_T
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 6:37 PM, dutch50 said:

Thank you so much for all your time and effort in educating us on the Reflection experience. We will be sailing on April 12 and need some info on charging my iPhone, iPad, kindle fire and Fitbit. On some NCL ships I’m able to use the two bedside lamps as charging ports. Will probably bring something extra, but wondering what’s available in the stateroom. From your posts, I assume the unlimited WiFi is acceptable. Thanks for any input!! 😄

Sorry for the late response but only just saw this one... 

regarding wifi, it was fine.. not as good as at home but I never expected it to be, obviously sometimes it’s better than others but at the end of the day you’re on a cruise, it it’s not great at any point grab a drink/snack and try again later... 🍸🍩👍🏼

The other points I believe have been answered so I won’t repeat... but in any case you’re no doubt be seeing it first hand as we speak....

hope you you have a great cruise 🍸👍🏼 
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. Definitely agree with the slow WiFi but as you said there is always a bar with its own entertainment while I wait. Love the food so far but disappointed with the size of the concierge cabin. Guess we have to book a sky suite to get a stateroom comparable to a mini suite on other (NCL, HAL, Princess) cruise lines. I am on a cruise so all is well. Happy as a clam!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great review, thank you, we are booked on a 10 night Caribbean next april, after sixteen pages am still mostly thinking about that deep fried cheesecake! 😂😂

One thing you mentioned the Bali style beds by the pool, this was my favourite place to be, are they that awful now? 

Your balcony and sunbeds look amazing.