Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

I'm also looking forward to following along. If it's not too much trouble could you find out and post what make and models of cameras are available for sale on Reflection? We've got a bunch of OBC to use up on our next Reflection cruise along with Go Best so we thought we'd upgrade our current digital camera for some of it. We're not interested in a GoPro. Thanks ahead of time. We sailed Reflection last in December 2017 and loved our time aboard. I hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'm also looking forward to following along. If it's not too much trouble could you find out and post what make and models of cameras are available for sale on Reflection? We've got a bunch of OBC to use up on our next Reflection cruise along with Go Best so we thought we'd upgrade our current digital camera for some of it. We're not interested in a GoPro. Thanks ahead of time. We sailed Reflection last in December 2017 and loved our time aboard. I hope you enjoy.

I’ll make sure I swing by the cameras to get some info, I’m kind of interested also as we’ve just got a new camera and wonder if it’s available onboard... just interested in price difference etc, 

we were here last on Reflection in November 2016 so very excited to be getting back onboard for what I’m sure will be a great cruise 👍🏻

39 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

We did the fall TA from Rome....one of the reasons to get at least a veranda cabin is to avoid the crowds on cool/rainy days.  Honestly, most ships are crowded inside when the weather is unfavorable.  For this cruise (the OP's cruise), the weather should be great so no need to worry much about being cooped up inside.

I'm curious if the elite cocktail party has changed since the fall TA...I mean the actual on ship cocktail party, not the various "the policy has changed" posts we've seen on CC.  On the TA it was 4:30-7:30 and using your voucher/card you could get a glass of wine in the MDR....which is why I ask.

Yes I think the only time the ship seems busy/crowded on a Caribbean cruise is at meal times in the buffet & peek times at the main dining room and maybe before dinner at the martini bar etc, other than that there’s the pool from around 10am but that’s got to be expected on a Caribbean cruise esp on a sea day... I’ve been on other cruise lines and found it much worse, 

5 hours ago, Ma Bell said:
3 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks! We love Reflection. One thing we enjoy is the OVC being on the same deck as the pool and not one deck up like the other S-class ships. 

Yes that’s a plus for us also, just seems to flow better esp for getting a bite to eat around the pool so you don’t have to feel guilty about leaving you’re pool chairs for too long

• Like 1

Questions - 

please feel free to add your questions at any point, I’m going to start a list on my iPhone and update it as they come in so I hopefully don’t forget any 😜 any that have been posted already no need to repeat as I have them down already 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, MR_T said:

We were on Silhouette in December and the pool butlers were very vigilant about putting out warning cards about leaving loungers longer than 30 minutes and removing items from chairs that were vacant beyond that. Having the OVC on the same level helps with cutting the time away when it's on the same level to grab a quick bite.

We were on Silhouette in December and the pool butlers were very vigilant about putting out warning cards about leaving loungers longer than 30 minutes and removing items from chairs that were vacant beyond that. Having the OVC on the same level helps with cutting the time away when it's on the same level to grab a quick bite.

Yes we’ve noticed an increased level of the pool butlers doing the checks & removing stuff from left beds etc and that’s great, not as good as it should be but a huge step in the right direction, personally we don’t like to be away more than 10 mins as we feel guilty... maybe because I make a point of noticing the same culprits every day that put towels down at 7am and then the next time we see them it’s gone 9... or even later if they come back at all... [emoji849]

I might offer to do the morning ticket writing shift from 7-10am [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Started packing today and got the cases out... Miki is not impressed at all as she knows what that means... [emoji33][emoji23] b04a050fdb72ec731bd94548f2a8a79d.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Started packing today and got the cases out... Miki is not impressed at all as she knows what that means... emoji33.pngemoji23.png

Yes, our cats are also very suspicious about our packing these days (we'll be on the ship with you) 🙀😿🙀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Started packing today and got the cases out... Miki is not impressed at all as she knows what that means... emoji33.pngemoji23.pngb04a050fdb72ec731bd94548f2a8a79d.jpg

Our golden wouldn’t talk to us once suitcases came out until I told her, but you’re vacationing at Karin’s (our daughter) & she’d get excited as there are more treats there...  following along. We’re on Reflection (first time that ship) for b2b (MardiGras 2020 & 2 Mar). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Our golden wouldn’t talk to us once suitcases came out until I told her, but you’re vacationing at Karin’s (our daughter) & she’d get excited as there are more treats there...  following along. We’re on Reflection (first time that ship) for b2b (MardiGras 2020 & 2 Mar). 

Unfortunately we don’t have anyone to look after her anymore so she has to go to a boarding place, she’s been once before for a much longer time than this trip and after the first couple of days she seemed to love it there playing with all the dogs so fingers crossed she settles there a bit quicker this time, last time was nearly 6 weeks so at least it’ll only be just over 2 for this time... 

This cruise has over 800 elite and above. Not enough room for everyone in sky. They are using vouchers for three drinks in most lounges.  5 to 7 pm.  

We just had a very nice elite lunch in main dining room.  Food was good wine was free. Special item on menu was crawfish etufa. It was hosted by Director of CC from Miami. It was the first event that there was enough room to enjoy. 

Now on to our first chefs table. It starts in cellar masters and ends in murano restaurant.  

Following along with you & can't wait to hear what you think of Reflection.  We will be boarding her on the 22nd. for the 1st. time, have sailed on 2 of the other S Class.  Look forward to any pictures you can post.  Have a great time & welcome to "sunny warm" Florida.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

We are also live on the same cruise. We are in aqua. Dining has been great. Food and staff at blue has been outstanding. 

Lisa was on for one day and coming back on for womans day in Grand Canyon. 

One negative we find reflectio over crowded. Sea days and cold days are terrible. Will never do a transatlantic on reflection.  Not enough room in bars and sky to handle a thousand elite and above CC members.  Couple that with Lisa’s enterage not a good experience.  

More later. 

Trying a chefs table. Never done one and decided to splurge. Let you know tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We did the fall TA from Rome....one of the reasons to get at least a veranda cabin is to avoid the crowds on cool/rainy days.  Honestly, most ships are crowded inside when the weather is unfavorable.  For this cruise (the OP's cruise), the weather should be great so no need to worry much about being cooped up inside.

I'm curious if the elite cocktail party has changed since the fall TA...I mean the actual on ship cocktail party, not the various "the policy has changed" posts we've seen on CC.  On the TA it was 4:30-7:30 and using your voucher/card you could get a glass of wine in the MDR....which is why I ask.

We are signed up for this fall's TA on the Reflection in Aqua and I've heard rumors that , because of the extra floor of Aqua cabins, there is always a wait for dinner in Blu.

What is/was your experience with that?

We are just off a month on the Silhouette . We had to get a beeper every night for dinner . That is the first time EVER that we've had to wait for a table every single night. I think for us it was because of a poor dining room manager but I don't wish to repeat that experience.

Edited by chamima

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

Started packing today and got the cases out... Miki is not impressed at all as she knows what that means... emoji33.pngemoji23.pngb04a050fdb72ec731bd94548f2a8a79d.jpg

Following. We’ll be on Reflection in June. My Murphy goes under the dining room table as soon as she sees the cases.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IrishLassie said:

Following along with you & can't wait to hear what you think of Reflection.  We will be boarding her on the 22nd. for the 1st. time, have sailed on 2 of the other S Class.  Look forward to any pictures you can post.  Have a great time & welcome to "sunny warm" Florida.

This will be my 5th cruise on the Reflection so I’m pretty sure we will have a great time, We will try and leave the ship in good shape for your arrival 😜

58 minutes ago, chamima said:

We are signed up for this fall's TA on the Reflection in Aqua and I've heard rumors that , because of the extra floor of Aqua cabins, there is always a wait for dinner in Blu.

What is/was your experience with that?

We are just off a month on the Silhouette . We had to get a beeper every night for dinner . That is the first time EVER that we've had to wait for a table every single night. I think for us it was because of a poor dining room manager but I don't wish to repeat that experience.

Interesting. We spent two weeks on Reflection in Aqua and got a beeper only one evening and waited less than 2 minutes.  We spent two weeks on Silhouette in December and got a beeper every night with an average wait time of 10 to 15 minutes in Blu. We also attributed it to the manager.  The wait staff was excellent but the manager instead of the hostess manned the entry. On both ships we varied our dining times but we tend to eat around 8 to 8:30 most evenings.  

Oh your dog is absolutely adorable!!!  😊

Looking forward to following and reading your perspective on the Reflection.  We enjoyed our cruise on her about three years ago and are looking at booking another cruise on her.  However as others have noted, I also am concerned about comments on another thread with regards to service and staffing so really looking forward to hearing your thoughts before I book again.  

Have a great time and enjoy getting out of this nasty Canadian winter!!

P.S.  Someone in an earlier post suggested you try Disney Springs.  If you go there I hear that Enzo's Hideaway is a great restaurant.  It's a speak easy and gets great reviews!!

• Thanks 1

We are also boarding with you. 1st time with Celebrity.  We are in a Sky suite, first time in a suite. Fly from Iowa to FLL on Sun. We have had the worst winter I can ever remember,  grateful to leave it behind for a bit. So looking forward to Monday!🤗

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Interesting. We spent two weeks on Reflection in Aqua and got a beeper only one evening and waited less than 2 minutes.  We spent two weeks on Silhouette in December and got a beeper every night with an average wait time of 10 to 15 minutes in Blu. We also attributed it to the manager.  The wait staff was excellent but the manager instead of the hostess manned the entry. On both ships we varied our dining times but we tend to eat around 8 to 8:30 most evenings.  

Happy to hear that about the Reflection.

As far as the Silhouette does the name Chikka ring a bell?

We've sailed in Aqua a lot and the only other time we had problems in Blu there was also a problem with the manager.

As I observed him this time I could think of multiple things that should have been handled differently starting with that obsessive control of the entry , not EVER helping the waiters, pulling waiters who were in the middle of something to do something else, etc. etc.

Good waiters can only do so much.

Edited by chamima

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

Happy to hear that about the Reflection.

As far as the Silhouette does the name Chikka ring a bell?

We've sailed in Aqua a lot and the only other time we had problems in Blu there was also a problem with the manager.

As I observed him this time I could think of multiple things that should have been handled differently starting with that obsessive control of the entry , not EVER helping the waiters, pulling waiters who were in the middle of something to do something else, etc. etc.

Good waiters can only do so much.

Yes as far as the manager of Silhouette. I think we're talking about the same manager, but I think it was spelled Chyky or something like that. The behavior sounds similar. He had the hostess serving coffee, rolls etc. On Reflection we had the best maître d in Blu we've ever had named Ante. He was a very tall (at least 6'8") gentleman who was amazing with both staff and guests. By day two he recognized DH and I by name when he saw us having lunch in OVC. In Blu he seemed to do a bit of everything from assisting staff to visiting tables, to helping serve. The whole staff seemed to love him and was amazingly efficient.

Flight checked in & dog dropped off at the boarders, so now we just have a comedy show tonight in Montreal then back home for a few hours sleep before a 4.15am Uber to the airport, 

cant believe this time tomorrow we’ll be enjoying the Florida sunshine/warmth vs today’s -10 temperature! 🥶 bring on the sunshine & shorts ☀️