Anyone here get your own cabin from your traveling companion so you can sleep better?

librarygal

I want to share a little secret about my husband and me, just between you and me. At home, we sleep in our own room.  Why:  Both of us have terrible insomnia and have completely different sleep schedules.  I like to go to bed late and sleep in during the morning, while Mr. Librarygal goes to bed early and wakes up early.  Both of us snore, can't use earplugs and just prefer having our own space.  When we travel and have to share a room, we sleep very poorly and are run down as a result. 

So when we cruise, we bite the bullet and spend the extra money and get our own cabins.  Can you relate?  Anyone else sleep in separate rooms from your spouse or SO at home, and spend the extra money to get your own cabin when you cruise?

Truly glad to find that you have that kind of disposable income.  Never would have considered that, given your other posts here on CC.

Or maybe you really don't, but want to start up another "interesting" discussion that has little basis in reality.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Truly glad to find that you have that kind of disposable income.  Never would have considered that, given your other posts here on CC.

Or maybe you really don't, but want to start up another "interesting" discussion that has little basis in reality.

Yes, wondered when she was going to start another "controversial" thread. Must have a boring life if this is how she gets her kicks!

FlyerTalker, if you are looking for more ridiculousness, try the thread on the Crystal board arguing what is and what is not a taco!

Edited by Texas Tillie

Even if we could afford to double the price of our cruises (we definitely cannot,) we wouldn't do this. Snuggling with my husband is one of my favorite things in life.

So glad I opened this thread to read.  After the other comments regarding prior posts by this person, I went back and read some of their other threads, and it was just the amusement I needed this morning. 

Their posts are repeats of ones they made about 6 years ago, almost to the word.

Seems like some people have a huge need for attention and to "stir the pot".

So glad I opened this thread to read.  After the other comments regarding prior posts by this person, I went back and read some of their other threads, and it was just the amusement I needed this morning. 

Their posts are repeats of ones they made about 6 years ago, almost to the word.

Seems like some people have a huge need for attention and to "stir the pot".

My husband and I have similar sleep schedules.

I the insomniac night owl who likes to read/youtube and have a midnight bowl of cereal until I feel sleepy enough.

My husband likes to rise early and do similar...he has trouble staying asleep.

We snore rarely thankfully and he can sleep with my background sounds.

Therefore we share a bed and a cabin.

Edited by Velvetwater

I think it's time to block dear Mary and Bruce.

(They *thrive* on what we all post, and knowing we are all wasting our time because of them, after all.)

Watching an amateur train wreck is losing any appeal it might have had.

Bye bye...

GC

13 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Flyer Talker, I love your avatar of the earth and plane.  So cool.

According to this linked article one in four couples sleep in a separate room.  So our situation is not that odd:

https://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/why-married-couples-sleep-in-separate-beds/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/should-i-sleep-in-a-separate-bed_n_572278e5e4b01a5ebde51c14

3 hours ago, librarygal said:

According to this linked article one in four couples sleep in a separate room.  So our situation is not that odd:

https://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/why-married-couples-sleep-in-separate-beds/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/should-i-sleep-in-a-separate-bed_n_572278e5e4b01a5ebde51c14

No the concept is not out of the ordinary.  What is out of the ordinary is why you feel the need to share this information with a bunch of people on an internet forum.  If you were sharing or asking about a particular activity or port that is one thing but to basically come here and say we sleep in separate cabins gives people who don't know you insight into your relationship on those close to you should have.